Two huge breasts and a thigh. Sunday afternoon delights.

Olds442

Reaction score

they've been in the brine a good 18 hours.

the brine is a secret recipe that i'll give up.
brown sugar, salt, fresh thyme, sage, some rosemary, a couple halved oranges and lemons, crushed garlic too. smelled great honestly.

so into the smoker. thigh on top, may put the larger breast on the bottom mid way through.

various sources have the best cooking temp between 225 and 250, so i'm in there.
i used a blend of chips, mostly Hickory but some Peach and Apple in there for good measure. bring out some of the sweet.

hours to go, probably 4-6 but i'll insert my probe (oh you bet i will) around 3 hours in. ;)

KP11520

Reaction score
With a Brine like that, "It's a Whole in Won". LOL

Don't share it with anyone. Too good to do that!

ENJOY!

Ed B

Reaction score
My son has football @ 4pm. This curbed me from planning a meal on the grill. I thoroughly regret that now! That looks fantastic. Enjoy!

scott1970

Reaction score
What the hell is a fattie?
Take a package of ground sausage, unwrap it and toss on the smoker. Best tasting sausage there is!

To make advanced fatties place the pound of sausage in a one gallon ziplock baggie and roll it out evenly with the bag. Cut the top layer off the bag, and you’ll be left with a flat, square layer of sausage. Sprinkle with jalapeños, cheese, whatever and then roll it all up. Take the roll, place it in Saran Wrap and spin it really well. The last step properly seals the ends which will prevent the cheese from escaping. Lastly, craft an epic poem praising me for the deliciousness you will experience.

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
Take a package of ground sausage, unwrap it and toss on the smoker. Best tasting sausage there is!

To make advanced fatties place the pound of sausage in a one gallon ziplock baggie and roll it out evenly with the bag. Cut the top layer off the bag, and you’ll be left with a flat, square layer of sausage. Sprinkle with jalapeños, cheese, whatever and then roll it all up. Take the roll, place it in Saran Wrap and spin it really well. The last step properly seals the ends which will prevent the cheese from escaping. Lastly, craft an epic poem praising me for the deliciousness you will experience.
that's a brilliant recipe. will be doing this in the near future. thanks!

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
brine in a bucket :hmm:
so I'm guessing that you're making the gravy in the toilet ?

on a serious note . there's no way that a Home Depot bucket is food grade . it's hella funny . but not so safe . if you're going to do this on a regular basis __ you need to get a better container