Two cool movies

LPBR

Reaction score
Past weekend I watched two cool movies with my wife.

First one is a sci-fi in the good old 'B-style' movie of 80s, specially the sound track with dark synthesizer tunes. The movie title is 'The Machine' and although it is modern production (2012 or so) it captures that atmosphere from similar films of the eighties. Decent production, special effects, good editing, good direction and the actors are OK. Unless by one or other silly glitch the film is quite cool.

The other one is a drama based on the life of voice over professionals. Title is 'In a world...' and has an unconventional rhythm. You will see a few known faces there. An excellent movie to watch with the family.

:thumb:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Past weekend I watched two cool movies with my wife.

First one is a sci-fi in the good old 'B-style' movie of 80s, specially the sound track with dark synthesizer tunes. The movie title is 'The Machine' and although it is modern production (2012 or so) it captures that atmosphere from similar films of the eighties. Decent production, special effects, good edition, good direction and the actors are OK. Unless by one or other silly glitch the film is quite cool.

The other one is a drama based on the life of voice over professionals. Title is 'In a world...' and has an unconventional rhythm. You will see a few known faces there. An excellent movie to watch with the family.

editing?

...just trying to help. :)

LPBR

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it is. Sorry, a lot of trouble trying to translate some terms from my language to english. I have a special trouble with some terms that for me should be termined in 'ion' but that actually should be with an 'ing'.

:p

Thanks for helping -- I just cannot promise that I won't make the same mistake again!

PS: Fixed it!

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's hard thinking/writing in 2 different languages. I sure can't do it and have respect for those who do.

My GF is Filipino and she asks me to "politely" point out errors because she doesn't want to say the wrong things,...so I've gotten into the habit of trying to help.

Wasn't trying to 'Grammar Police' or anything,...just assumed you'd probably want to know.

..I would were it me.

Arzachel

Reaction score
No zombies or superheroes

Great

I will have a look at those

:)

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's hard thinking/writing in 2 different languages. I sure can't do it and have respect for those who do.

My GF is Filipino and she asks me to "politely" point out errors because she doesn't want to say the wrong things,...so I've gotten into the habit of trying to help.

Wasn't trying to 'Grammar Police' or anything,...just assumed you'd probably want to know.

..I would were it me.

Reported

LPBR

Reaction score
No zombies or superheroes

Great

I will have a look at those

:)

The Machine is about a dark company that builds a robot with an almost human conscience with the intention the use it as a weapon. But the creator doesn't want and the robot itself (a hot girl) doesn't want it either. Not an original idea, but yeah, not about zombies and superheroes. As I mentioned a 'b' movie but I will tell you, it is too much better than several "A" films I have seen lately.

LPBR

Reaction score

..I would were it me.

I read/write english for about 35 years and it always will be hard for me. I am an awful speaker/listener because I never had to use it for this purpose seriously. I just travelled once to USA several years ago and I did it well but as a tourist who doesn't? Although I work for an american company for 10 years all the stuff is email and instant message, so...

Anyway, today I have a very decent vocabulary (the last time I measured it was around 10K words) that is not bad for a foreigner. However nowadays I have a clear notion that I reached my limit. My english is pretty sufficient to make myself to be understood and I even risk myself on elaborate my texts to make them more than the basics, but that's all. Maybe I can at most to increase my vocabulary a bit, but I know that no matter what I do I still will make some silly mistakes because I am will always be a foreigner struggling with a non-native idiom. I think that it may be easier for some people.

For me, EVERYTHING is hard. Play the guitar and sing is hard, composing is hard, speak other languages is hard, code computers (my profession) is hard, make carpentry and modeling (some of my hobbies) is hard. Drawing, painting and sculpting is impossible. I think that I am not too smart at all. I will always envy people that makes such things to seem easy!

And I will always hate that ones that does that, look at you and say 'See? It's easy...'!

User100

Reaction score
"The Machine"...................

Grade.....

"D-".........at best.........:noway:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that wasn't the original word.

LPBR I think your vocab is good, you actually use more words then you need to.

" My english is pretty sufficient to make myself to be understood and I even risk myself on elaborate my texts to make them more than the basics, but that's all. Maybe I can at most to increase my vocabulary a bit, but I know that no matter what I do I still will make some silly mistakes because I am will always be a foreigner struggling with a non-native idiom."

Could easily be,

"My English is sufficient to make myself understood, sometimes I even elaborate beyond the basics. Maybe I can increase my vocabulary a bit, but I know no matter what I'll still make some silly mistakes since I'm struggling with a non-native language."

Your vocab seems fine. It's just getting the flow of the language I see you struggle with.

Again though, it's gotta be really freakin' hard to do and I respect anyone who tries and succeeds at it, which you are doing.

I don't think anyone has trouble understanding what you mean when you post.

Whereas if I tried to post in Spanish it would be mostly curse words. :laugh2:

:hmm: ... though that's actually pretty similar to my English. :laugh2:

LPBR

Reaction score
LPBR I think your vocab is good, you actually use more words then you need to.
Yeah, you have a point. This is not an English problem though. This is a LPBR issue. I tend to be prolix in Portugues also. I think that I have this freak need to be sure that people understood me. Damn, have to try to be more laconic from now on!

I don't think anyone has trouble understanding what you mean when you post.
Good to know!

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Prolix, laconic, now you're just showing off! :laugh2:

The second movie you mentioned sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. :thumb:

gem12

Reaction score

..I would were it me.

correction....."your GF is Filipina":fingersx:

Latest Threads