TV Yellow Refin?

tache3

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to help a friend of mine find out some more info about a LP Jr Doublecut that he owns. The story so far is over here- http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/lp-junior-tv.423197/

I'm suspecting that its a Cherry reissue that has had a TV Yellow refin, based on what looks like the remains of the original paint job in the control cavity, under the scratchplate and elsewhere. However, a contributor has suggested that red grain filler is sometimes used for factory TV Yellow paintjobs as it enhances the contrast between the grain and the yellow.

So, I'm wondering what opinions some of you highly skilled fellas might have. Here's a few pics-

Any help anyone can give is much appreciated.

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Looks more like a refin.....not the least that the colour is not real TV yellow as you cant see the porefill. Its more like a transparent mustard.
Also the red is down in areas you would find hard to remove.....like the tenon/mortice interface

dickjonesify

Reaction score
Looks more like a refin.....not the least that the colour is not real TV yellow as you cant see the porefill. Its more like a transparent mustard.
Also the red is down in areas you would find hard to remove.....like the tenon/mortice interface
Totally agree. I think it’s refinished and it’s not a very traditional TV Yellow for sure. Not like Gibson does.

Latest Threads