Tune o matic for acoustic. (Ideas)

Davey Rock

Reaction score
Found these pics online after my other post about a tune o matic for acoustic. Gonna keep this one short as I can. Typically I have a lot to say and others notice.

unnamed (5)~2.jpg
unnamed (8)~2.jpg
images (19)~2.jpeg

Basically a tune o matic made to keep the tone of an acoustic. Notice that my acoustic one day will have perfect tuning/intonation, and other days, open chords don't even sound right. Found a boutique acoustic builders who use the acoustic saddles and cut them into 6 pieces. There is no mechanism to how this man does it though. He simply uses a forked tool to push the saddle back and forth. I'm going to try this eventually, because I plan on converting an acoustic into an electric full on. (Hollow body/jazzbox). Anyway hope this isn't one of those TD/DL threads. Gotta admit when someone says that it just hurts my wittle feewings. :sadwave:

But anyway as my usual ending lines....
Any feedback at all is appreciated, especially people who have experience.

BadPenguin

Reaction score
I kinda remember Stew-mac carrying a bidge like that, made out of brass MANY years ago, but a quick look on their site, doesn't show any.

Davey Rock

Reaction score
I kinda remember Stew-mac carrying a bidge like that, made out of brass MANY years ago, but a quick look on their site, doesn't show any.
Yes I know what you are talking about. Another person here told me that before but that was a long time ago. Things like this just become obsolete after so many years. Thank you for helping anyway!

Latest Threads