Tube amps with headphone jacks ???

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:wave:

is there such a thing as a tube amp (with at least 10+ wattage) that has a headphone jack ???

this is becoming a real stretcher for me since i only have a few days until my birthday gift comes from Santa WB Claus :rofl: :D

the guy i talked to at the guitar center said that you won't be able to find a tube amp that has a headphone jack.. well.. for the most part, he's kinda right.. i've never really found any in the long search i have embarked on.. :shock:

but the one exception i do know is the Peavey Royal 8.. it's pure tube AND it has a headphone jack.. but it's only 5 watts, which is why i'm not too surprised that they were able to stick a headphone jack in it.. what WOULD surprise me is a tube amp of about at least 20 watts that has a headphone jack..

help please :(

please tell me of ANY tube amp above 20 watts that you know has a headphone jack..

need your finest expertise on this one guys.. :fingersx:

:hippie:

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:wave:

is there such a thing as a tube amp (with at least 10+ wattage) that has a headphone jack ???

this is becoming a real stretcher for me since i only have a few days until my birthday gift comes from Santa WB Claus :rofl: :D

the guy i talked to at the guitar center said that you won't be able to find a tube amp that has a headphone jack.. well.. for the most part, he's kinda right.. i've never really found any in the long search i have embarked on.. :shock:

but the one exception i do know is the Peavey Royal 8.. it's pure tube AND it has a headphone jack.. but it's only 5 watts, which is why i'm not too surprised that they were able to stick a headphone jack in it.. what WOULD surprise me is a tube amp of about at least 20 watts that has a headphone jack..

help please :(

please tell me of ANY tube amp above 20 watts that you know has a headphone jack..

need your finest expertise on this one guys.. :fingersx:

JAson I am gonna hit you with this hammer again, Now dont go make me leadin the horse to water,,,,
ALL-TUBE Vintage Club 20 Crate with Reverb & Punch - (eBay item 110184587985 end time Oct-31-07 09:48:43 PDT)

LesPRS

Reaction score
I read up on the Vintage Club 20, Jason if you dont get it I will! This thing looks seriously sweet and would be perfect for you. If for some reason you need more gain or maybe a more metal type tone, there are plenty of good dirtboxes that you could use in front. I really don't think you'll find an amp better suited for your situation, honestly.

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I read up on the Vintage Club 20, Jason if you dont get it I will! This thing looks seriously sweet and would be perfect for you. If for some reason you need more gain or maybe more metal type tone, there are plenty of good dirtboxes that you could use in front. I really don't you'll find an amp better suited for your situation, honestly.
+1

Tube amps are not exactly meant to be played with headphones...so those amps have gotta be one of a kind for that need. :hippie:

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I read up on the Vintage Club 20, Jason if you dont get it I will! This thing looks seriously sweet and would be perfect for you. If for some reason you need more gain or maybe more metal type tone, there are plenty of good dirtboxes that you could use in front. I really don't you'll find an amp better suited for your situation, honestly.
Trust me, I HAVE one of these things and I put a 12AU7 in it to cut BACK on some of the gain in it these things normally on five to six Gain is already Sabbath Zone I am gonna try another AU or AY to lower the gain on mine so I can have it near total clean around four with the master maxed out

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking real hard about it and i really don't wanna buy a used one.. not to be stubborn or anything like that.. it's just a thing of mine.. am i making sense? :wave:

:slap:

:rofl:

:D

LesPRS

Reaction score
Trust me, I HAVE one of these things and I put a 12AU7 in it to cut BACK on some of the gain in it these things normally on five to six Gain is already Sabbath Zone I am gonna try another AU or AY to lower the gain on mine so I can have it near total clean around four with the master maxed out
Ahh nevermind then. Its perfect!

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hahahahaaay.. i'm losing my mind here :rofl:

i was happy when i had a choice made already.. it's such a bummer when you get a change of mind :rofl:

:shock:

LesPRS

Reaction score
i'm thinking real hard about it and i really don't wanna buy a used one.. not to be stubborn or anything like that.. it's just a thing of mine.. am i making sense? :wave:

You'll be much better off with used gear IMO. The speaker has probably already been broken in a bit and you will get much more for your money. I can't remember the last thing I bought new.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man that thing looks pretty sweet, I just mightt have to bid on it!!! Nah, just kidding...I just bought me a vintage 2x12 cab, so I'm gonna be eating straight Ramen for the next couple weeks.

Jason, make sure you have some nice headphones to do that tone justice!!! :)

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Buy used!!! None of my stuff in new. Saves you major money!

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man that thing looks pretty sweet, I just mightt have to bid on it!!! Nah, just kidding...I just bought me a vintage 2x12 cab, so I'm gonna be eating straight Ramen for the next couple weeks.

Jason, make sure you have some nice headphones to do that tone justice!!! :)
yeah i think the headset i have here at home is pretty decent.. when i plug it into the piano here at home, i can't even tell the difference when it's plugged in or from the speakers themselves.. :thumb: .. sometimes, when it's been quite a while on my head, i actually even forget that i'm listening to it through a pair of headphones :rofl:

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well it's not just buying it used.. it's also buying without actually even trying it out yet that bothers me most :D

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hmmm... :hmm:

how much to have such a thing done? :wave:

do ya happen to know? :fingersx:

Different Techs are gonna have different prices Jason GO Grab the Crate or find another like it, NO You are not making sense on the buying new Every amp I have bought in the last five years was between slightly to VERY used
Crate USA, makes a GREAT Product , I dont get a penny from them for trying to sell you on this or any other amp I recommend, I recommend it beacuse I have either tried it, or in this case I own one and know other owners , NEW is not always better than used. especially if your budgets a lil tight

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that sounded pretty darn sweet i'll admit :D

hmm.. :hmm:

how much is the 50w? :wave:

:fingersx:

The fifty uses the same tubes but DOES NOT have a headphone jack , Search Ebay though the 20 is GIG able, I have Gigged mine in small clubs before , and from the headphone jack you can go into the PA , or board for gigs if its not enough , or mike it but the tone is similar to the fifty since they all use EL 84 Tubes

Latest Threads