TSLA predicted to hit $40,000 per share.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I didn't watch those videos, but that equates to a market cap of approximately $38 trillion. That's around the combined market cap of every company in the S&P 500.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I don’t even understand how the company makes money.

Sure, they make a few cars. So do plenty of companies.
The logic train left awhile ago on this one.

Screenshot_20210114-212342_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-212536_Chrome.jpg

And for Tesla to become Toyota, Toyota would need to vanish. But that's not what's happening, as every manufacturer is about to go balls deep in EV.

Tesla is a cool company that makes cool things, but this is all out of whack. Musk even alluded to the stock being overpriced. That was prior to it gaining another 50% or so.

Cool for folks that are making some money on the market though.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I squeezed all the blood I could get out of that turnip. I'm out. :laugh2:

Olds442

Reaction score
I don’t even understand how the company makes money.

Sure, they make a few cars. So do plenty of companies.
maybe because they sell batteries and solar equipment too, and no other car company does?

they're just as much a tech and power company as they are a car company.

that's a big difference to be fair.

take a solid look at the tech that's in a tesla car/suv, then look at the best other car mfg's today. it's not even close. what do you think those less than 40 year olds want to buy?

now they can buy solar and batteries for their houses. and soon, an HVAC system too.

Last edited:

lancpudn

Reaction score
It's taken 10 years for Tesla to rise from a start up company to disrupt so many industries & rule the roost :dude:Tesla will be the biggest company on the planet soon, Who would have thought new start up companies would eat the lunches of so many of the old car companies in this time space? Over the next 5-10 years quite a few OEM's as we know them today are going to fall by the wayside, They can build ICE cars is huge numbers but cant really do the BEV/software side of things.

They have way too much money tied up in stranded assets as the transition to BEV's is upon us and they're going from the top of the ladder to the bottom rung of the ladder having to learn how to make the new breed of cars again. The companies who have the deep pockets & technology software know how like Sony, Google,Apple, Baidu etc are the ones who will make it work by buying the ready made skateboard platforms, battery hardware & installing their custom software into them.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a crazy future valuation, has a company stock ever been worth that much?

DotStudio

Reaction score
maybe because they sell batteries and solar equipment too, and no other car company does?

they're just as much a tech and power company as they are a car company.

that's a big difference to be fair.

take a solid look at the tech that's in a tesla car/suv, then look at the best other car mfg's today. it's not even close. what do you think those less than 40 year olds want to buy?

now they can buy solar and batteries for their houses. and soon, an HVAC system too.

Valid points, but they're already priced in as being twice the size of Toyota and the largest electric utility in the US combined. That's pretty crazy for a company that's still finding its footing.

And they do have some amazing software. I believe their valuation would be a little less insane if they licensed their software to other manufacturers. I don't think the big guys would go for that though (Musk said he would be game awhile back).

DotStudio

Reaction score
What does that equal per share though? Has any American company stock been $40k per share?
Per share value is irrelevant. There isn't a standard amount of shares a company can issue. One company can be worth less than another, but have a higher share price.

Apple is worth $2.2 trillion, with a share price of $129.
Netflix is worth $222 billion, with a share price of $500.

That's why you compare market caps, because the share price is dependent on the number of shares outstanding.

In the fantasy world where Tesla reaches $40,000, each share wouldn't actually be worth that much. They would split the stock, like they did earlier this year (1 share became 5).

DotStudio

Reaction score
What does that equal per share though? Has any American company stock been $40k per share?

Tesla is going to be a good company but right now it’s value is based on years from now? How does that happen?
But just for grins and giggles...

Screenshot_20210115-090654_Chrome.jpg

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Berkshire Hathaway's website.

Most expensive stock in the world.
Impressive company that the entire investing world pays attention to................

Their website:
1610722870669.png

DotStudio

Reaction score
Holy shit!
It should be noted that the A class shares started out at $7100, which is about $14k in today's money. Still, a 25x return on investment ain't too shabby. Preferred stock is really a different animal though.

Screenshot_20210115-095946_Google.jpg

Latest Threads