Trying To Track Down My Old Les Paul

Restless Native

Reaction score
Hi folks, I’m trying to track down my old Custom Shop 58 Chambered Les Paul (Washed Cherry), CH LPR-8 (?), CR89048. CC Music in Glasgow sold it for me on commission to a chap from Cumbernauld if memory serves me well, about 2-3 years ago. I had to sell at the time due to unemployment, and I’d like to see if there’s a way to get it back in the foreseeable future. Any ideas how to track it down guys n gals?

KS 5150

Reaction score
I would reach out to the store, and see if they're comfortable emailing, or letting you email the seller to see if they have any interest in parting with it. I got my Explorer back 6 months after I sold it off by reaching out to the buyer (it was a private sale) & guaging his interest to move it. The honeymoon had ended for him, and he was willing to sell it back to me for about the same amount as he paid. Good luck with whatever you can do!

Restless Native

Reaction score
Hi, at the same time as selling the above I sold my Luther Dickinson 335. I managed to track that one down, the owner agreed to sell it back to me as he’d stopped playing it live, but when I got the money together he’d decided not to sell after all as he’d started using it again. He did say I could have first refusal if he decided to sell in future. We’ll see...

Guitpicky

Reaction score
Best of luck!

It would be a great story if you got it back... reunited with your long lost love :)

Restless Native

Reaction score
I would reach out to the store, and see if they're comfortable emailing, or letting you email the seller to see if they have any interest in parting with it. I got my Explorer back 6 months after I sold it off by reaching out to the buyer (it was a private sale) & guaging his interest to move it. The honeymoon had ended for him, and he was willing to sell it back to me for about the same amount as he paid. Good luck with whatever you can do!
I actually did initially, but the Les Paul may have been sold on because the chap who bought from me subsequently became unemployed, or was under threat of...

KS 5150

Reaction score
I actually did initially, but the Les Paul may have been sold on because the chap who bought from me subsequently became unemployed, or was under threat of...
That makes it tougher. The fact that you have listed the serial # will hopefully help.....Good Luck!!!

Latest Threads