Trogly Muttley 1955 GT Refin

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Dave's.... I've spent a few $$$$ there

Great place and the second floor is AMAZING.

boogieongtr

Reaction score
Nice guitar but IMOP overpriced. I would have thought more like $8K.

Mike I

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sold.

Damn....I would have rocked it!

moreles

Reaction score
I love mismatched old tops. If that one had been bursted, the difference would still be evident but the two sides would be integrated better = best of both worlds. As it is now, it looks naked and oddball (and there were no unbursted originals, so it doesn't look legit either). Just my opinion. Unlike many, I do not see an excellent thin refin as a crime.

PGguy

Reaction score
Anyone have any details on the supposed fake Custom that Trogly sold?

PGguy

Reaction score
He has been pimping guitars for some guy in Canada that has two or more accounts on Reverb...

Last edited:

truckermde

Reaction score
I love mismatched old tops. If that one had been bursted, the difference would still be evident but the two sides would be integrated better = best of both worlds. As it is now, it looks naked and oddball (and there were no unbursted originals, so it doesn't look legit either). Just my opinion. Unlike many, I do not see an excellent thin refin as a crime.
Fully agree :)

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s a member here, what don’t you ask him? :cool:
I think he's pretty much done here. I tagged him on a post some time ago and he never responded.
I too am curious about him selling a fake custom. He did get taken himself on a couple of fakes.

I unsubbed about the same time the stuff hit the fan last year... his videos were getting boring and repetitive... I can only watch so many unboxing videos, and half of his content is him surfing Reverb... I can do that myself and enjoy it more.

PGguy

Reaction score
I think he's pretty much done here. I tagged him on a post some time ago and he never responded.
I too am curious about him selling a fake custom. He did get taken himself on a couple of fakes.

I unsubbed about the same time the stuff hit the fan last year... his videos were getting boring and repetitive... I can only watch so many unboxing videos, and half of his content is him surfing Reverb... I can do that myself and enjoy it more.
I did see a video where he had recieved some guitars that were returned by a "repair" guy, that had taken ill and one of his extended family tried selling on Reverb and then returned. One of the email exchanges seen on his video showed, where he stated he wanted a neck repaired and then painted to not show or hide the repair...

Latest Threads