Tremolo

RichTurner

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for a good classic tremolo. I was thinking of a Flux Effects Liquid Tremolo to match my reverb however I might just want a simple classic old school one.

I keenly await your suggestions :)

Cheers

Rich

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the EHX Stereo Pulsar. It does the old-school trem and a whole lot more.

sonar

Reaction score
Fulltone Supa-trem has been a benchmark pedal for years.

I own a Black Cat Mini Trem, which has stuck on my band board longer than most other pedals.

People are going to automatically dismiss it, but you see a lot of Boss TR-2's on Pro boards.

EHX Pulsar...

I'd look into these or similarly priced pedals. the Flux Effects is a lot of money for a first Trem.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
I must say the Strymon Flint is amazing. I have an old 64 DR and a 68 SR. Both have trem and reverb but the trem behaves much differently on each amp. I also have a Phaez JTM with no trem or reverb and also a Peavey Classic 30 with reverb but no trem. Since I cycle through all of these amps at different times for different gigs, I don't use the built-in trem or reverb on any of them. I don't even bother hooking up the extra pedal for the Fenders.

The Flint provides an excellent solution for both trem and reverb, and sounds very consistent across all the amps. :thumb:

Brocko

Reaction score
I really like the Moog MF Trem - it has a fairly unique feature where you can bypass certain frequencies going to the trem circuit. So it means the highs stay relatively solid whereas the bass throbs away.

Its great where you want a pronounced trem sound but also are playing lead lines you want to be smooth.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I've had the voodoo lab for years and love it. The shapes are different than normal trems, but I like it that way.

60's Bush aka 50WPLEXI

Reaction score
I just bought a Analogman modded Boss TR2. I absolutely love this thing, sounds fantastic, and the perfect size for my board.

RichTurner

Reaction score
Thanks guys, very cool, I'll check a few of those out.

Cheers

Rich

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A while back, I asked if anybody knew what Tremolo was being used on this Josh Rouse album called "Dressed Up Like Nebraska". It's like an addiction on how that whole package tone draws me in. I just love it. One member said it was a Carl Martin Surf Tremolo (circa 1998 when this was recorded. So I thought I must have one.

Then I started reading up on the choices. There's a lot of really good stuff in this category, endorsed by the previous posts above. All I can say is keep listening until you are absolutely sure. Which ain't easy! :shock: Good Luck!

RichTurner

Reaction score
I've been looking more into the Fulltone today. The demo by CME is pretty cool. I have also notice the One Control Tiger Lilly. I would prefer the smaller footprint looking at what I am going to put on my new pedal board.

And KP is completely on the money, so many good choices.

Rich

kboman

Reaction score
Mooer Trelicopter is very good, I've used it for years. The best I've ever tried was the Mad Professor tremolo.

scooter500

Reaction score
I have two, the EHX Stereo Pulsar for a rock effects board and the Source Audio Vertigo for a mellow jazz board.

Burst Boy

Reaction score
The humble TR-2 is a good, solid bread n' butter Trem. I have a newer one that doesn't have a volume drop (read plenty of criticism about earlier TR-2s having a volume drop but I'm sure it was fixed with more modern ones but don't have clue when Boss started building them).

I also have a Strymon Flint. An amazing sounding pedal but is big bucks and maybe more than what the OP needs.

Thirdly, I have a VFE Old School. Now out of production but extremely cool with a lot of control over output.

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

joff

Reaction score
JAM Pedals make The Chill and The Big Chill...i have the latter which has several extra features and it sounds great! :)

kboman

Reaction score
I really really liked the Chill. Actually preferred it over the MP one I mentioned above, got them confused.

sonar

Reaction score
I got emails today.... Fulltone is having a "Blem" sale, if anyone is interested:

[FONT=roboto, helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 x $117 Supa-Trems left! with FREE SHIPPING![/FONT]

https://store.fulltone.com/products/supa-trem-1-st-1-factory-second

[FONT=roboto, helvetica neue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
2 x $179 True-Stereo Supa-Trem2 blems left! with FREE SHIPPING and FREE 18VDC power supply[/FONT]

https://store.fulltone.com/products/supa-trem-2-st-2-factory-second
Man, you're killing me!

Axis39

Reaction score
The TR-2 does the job. As mentioned it is on a lot of Pro boards. I got a couple of buds who have them. They sound great. The really cool thing about it is, if you're on the road and it fails, every GC or Sam Ash or Long and McQuade has one in stock.

I was looking for a specific trem when I was looking - bias vary like on my '63 Vibroverb RI. There are a few out there doing a good job of it now... Swamp Thang is mentioned a lot. But, I found the Alexander Equilibrium. It does three styles of trem and does them remarkably. The thing it has that I don't find on many others is a mix knob. It kinda sets it apart and adds to the flexibility of the pedal.

I picked up a Mr. Black Deluxe plus and it does the blackface thing well. It has trem and reverb. It sounds just like a Blackface Deluxe's reverb and trem. But, that's just not my sound... So, it sits. But, it really is a good pedal.

Of course, there's the Flint. Strymon stuff is incredible. But, it IS pricey and it is more than I can deal with. I really need relatively simple. I'm much better when I have one effect per pedal and don't have to work to hard at getting to settings... But, I have a bud who has a Flint. That thing really is remarkable as well.

So many choices... maybe too many these days?

My advice, get a TR-2 and be happy with it! LOL

Latest Threads