Trem bridge blunder

Shai`tan

Reaction score
I bought a Gold Gotoh GE101TS Vintage Trem bridge with a 2 3/16ths string spacing, but just discovered I need a 2 1/16th string spacing. It appears Gotoh doesn`t make the narrower string spacing. Aaaarrggghh I looked at Callahams, they have a vintage bridge with the 2 7/32 mount with a 2 1/16th string spacing, but they don`t offer in Gold it seems. Aaaarrrggghhh

I sent off an email to Wudtone to see if they have a bridge with the 2 7/32 mount, and 2 1/16 string spacing in Gold. If they do, awesome. A bit more than I wanna spend, but I had 1 of their bridges before, and it was a quality bridge.

Are there any other bridges I should look at? Thx.

ARandall

Reaction score
You can simply slide the strings inboard on the bent saddles if it comes with them. At worst you could file an unobtrusive slot in the outermost saddles where the movement will be most to hold the strings in place.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
Well, my real problem was the Relic`d neck I bought from mr.g508 on ebay. Really nicely done relic job. But the neck I guess is a Fender Lic. Mexican etc etc etc. Made by WD. For some odd reason, using a Vintage 2 7/32 string spacing vintage bridge wouldn`t work. The high and low E string were right on the outer fretboard edges.

I never had that issue when I used a Warmoth vintage Strat neck. It worked awesome with a Wudtone vintage 2 7/32 bridge. So on this build I have to switch my bridge out for 1 with the 2 1/16 string spacing. I`m also adding a steel block and Highwood saddles. It should work out ok now.

I`m doing a 2nd build next spring and will make sure I get the right neck next time. Doh!

Latest Threads