Treble Bleed kits!?

richedie

Reaction score
I installed one of these on the bridge pickup but wanted to know if it is recommended for the neck pickup as well? I am trying to think when I would use it. I know in the middle positiuon, the volume controls both neck and bridge pickups, but is it using the treble retention circuit from the bridge pickup? I guess I could just have it on both.

Maybe there is a way to wire the guitar allow the volumes to work independently? Wonder if that would be advantageous.

* I don't like 50s wiring because I notice a spike in the highs or something.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I put one on my neck,no problems.Used in conjunction with the WB 6707s,when I roll down the Vol.,I can get a nice "almost strat-like" tone.:thumb:

richedie

Reaction score
I put one on my neck,no problems.Used in conjunction with the WB 6707s,when I roll down the Vol.,I can get a nice "almost strat-like" tone.:thumb:

That is a nice benefit of treble bleeds....you can roll down volume to get an almost strat tone or P90 tone so I don't need to rely on a split pot for splitting coils or parallel/series. Good pots, caps and treble bleeds are very versatile.

captainbraindamage

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is probably how I'm going to wire mine.

wiringModernInd.jpg

richedie

Reaction score
Sometimes I like to get different tones than stock humbucker sounds even though the big thing with treble bleed is retaining highs obviously. However....I like that you can roll down the volume and get almost strat tones. This might save me from needing a push pull set up for parallel/series.

Latest Threads