Traditional Pro?

Kezia

Reaction score
Okay, I am considering trading in a 1989 MIK Epiphone Les Paul and a 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Deluxe for a Vintage Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. The Trad. Pro was the guitar I was going for in the first place, but due to money issues I got the studio instead. Yay/Nay?

Also, Trad. Pro owners, what do you think of your Traditional Pro?

jmg257

Reaction score
Think I would - just checked 'em out and I want an ebony now!!!

These aren't a "GC exclusive" are they?

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely sell both of those to get the Trad Pro. I own one, and it's one of the best Gibson's I've owned. Sounds and plays great, and the locking tuners and coil splitting are awesome.

I say go for it! :)

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Think I would - just checked 'em out and I want an ebony now!!!

These aren't a "GC exclusive" are they?

My gold top was, and I think the others are too, but could be wrong. A lot of people hate GC which I understand, but in this case they got the guitars right. I haven't heard of a Trad Pro sucking yet, and mine's great. It could have been a "K-Mart exclusive" and I would have pulled the trigger in this case. :thumb:

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
I have one...

TradPro1.jpg

TradProcavity.jpg

TradPro4.jpg

One of the very few times that I was impressed enough with something in Guitar Splinter to take it home. Only 8.5 lbs. and plays beautifully after I set it up..

They are not all that good though, so be prepared to search. Every single other Pro I've played in that store has been absolute crap. I was actually hoping to find one in Ebony.

Kezia

Reaction score
Well apparently my family isn't letting me trade this stuff in for the traditional pro. They say I should be happy with what I got, but they're missing the point. I want to upgrade to a better guitar. I'm happy with what I got, it's just that I'd be stupid not to take advantage of an opportunity to upgrade.

Kezia

Reaction score
Family meaning mom and dad? Wife?

Mom & Grandma

Hell, I'm sure if my dad was still here he'd push towards it, he was the only other "musical" person in this family besides me and my brother

RustyNuts

Reaction score
Parents can be a tough sell, especially non-musical ones. It was the opposite for me, my mom was easy to convince but my dad seldom budged. Good luck. Have you explained the benefits of the Trad Pro?

Kezia

Reaction score
Parents can be a tough sell, especially non-musical ones. It was the opposite for me, my mom was easy to convince but my dad seldom budged. Good luck. Have you explained the benefits of the Trad Pro?

I explained, even showed them the replies I got in this topic. They're still not convinced

MojoMonster

Reaction score
Okay, I am considering trading in a 1989 MIK Epiphone Les Paul and a 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Deluxe for a Vintage Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. The Trad. Pro was the guitar I was going for in the first place, but due to money issues I got the studio instead. Yay/Nay?

Also, Trad. Pro owners, what do you think of your Traditional Pro?
If someone is giving you a straight up trade, then yea, I'd do it.
In a heartbeat.
I paid $1800 for mine with the case and taxes and I'm happy I did.

My Trad Pro was my first Gibson, first LP and I wouldn't trade it for anything similar.
It was the only Heritage Cherry in the store, but it was soooo nice to play and the pickups didn't suck and I didn't even feel the need to rip the guts out and upgrade everything(ok, that's a lie, but it took me a few months... I wasn't in any rush to do it, rather, ha.)

Tell your family that some opportunities only happen once and sometimes you have to jump on it or miss out.

MM

cowgard

Reaction score
Too bad about the family issues. I got one and it is my favorite guitar. Love that neck and I'm now a believer in the PLEK thing. I didn't have to do a thing as far as setup.

tradpro007.jpg

franciscomeza11

Reaction score
go for it, the trad pro is the best of my two gibbies, i also have a standard 2007 and while it is gorgeous, it lacks a bit on the sound department when compared to my trad pro. You have so many options with the coil split and the satin mahogany neck and back let the guitar breath.

It is a heavier guitar, not weight releaved but it is worth it. I wish I had the money for a third gibby, it would be the trad pro ebony for sure

my avatar is my trad pro in vintage sunburst,

good luck

Latest Threads