traditional pro in goldtop finish?

RLee

Reaction score
On the gibson website, in the traditional pro page, it shows a goldtop finish now, listed along with the normal ebony, cherry, and vint. sunburst finishes, but the choice is grayed-out at the moment. Is goldtop finish planned for the trad pro's? Or was it previously available, and now they're discontinuing it? Maybe I just don't remember it because I used to not care that much for goldtops. I'd love a trad pro in goldtop!

kittyhawk

Reaction score
i saw a few a while ago. not sure what´s up with production right now.

RLee

Reaction score
Those are painfully awesome... I want one. There's even one at a GC in san francisco, only about 45 mins away from me.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Traditional Pro Goldtop/Darkback was originally a special run of 100 done for GC for Christmas 2009. Gibson stated they were only going to do 100, and then would take special orders only for them after that. However, in the fall of 2010, many members (myself included) started finding them showing up at various GCs around the country. I picked mine up in November 2010 (was made in September 2010) and my GC has had at least one in stock ever since and I was in another local GC and they had one hanging as well. So it looks like Gibson decided to crank out a few more of them.

goldtop-22.jpg

goldtop-13.jpg

Last edited:

RLee

Reaction score
That's a stunning guitar, Thunder Dump!

Latest Threads