Traditional Pro I question

ApollosRevival

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a secondhand 2011 Traditional Pro. It hasn’t arrived yet, but I noticed it isn’t fitted with Grover locking tuners like my other Trad Pro from 2011. I asked the seller and he said it has a 60’s neck and push/pull coil taps. He also said it is all original.

I suppose my question is, could the guitar have accidentally been manufactured with the wrong tuners?

6357E712-1F10-4F61-A5E6-DB0806B0AF54.jpeg
1263C852-3C34-41D0-92EC-E8D660AB6368.jpeg

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
It would be pretty unusual for that guitar to have come from the factory with the wrong tuners. I think it is more likely that someone swapped them out, and the seller is mistaken or lying about the guitar being stock. Maybe he bought it second hand and was told it was stock.

But this is Gibson, so...

LP1865

Reaction score
Isn't that a Classic?
It has the 60s neck and push-pull pots

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Online, I am not seeing any gold Classics for 2011 except the Classic Custom.

ApollosRevival

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I suppose I’ll have a better idea once I get my hands on it. I think it would be strange for somebody to replace those tuners, unless they wanted them on a different guitar. I suppose that could be the case.

Gfunk_Minor

Reaction score
Sorry OP, I can't help with your question, but your question did bring up one of my own.

On the receipt for my 2011 Traditional the Model number is listed as LPTDSZSHCH3
I'm going to guess the following...
LP= Les Paul
TD= Traditional
SZSHCH3= No Fking Idea.

Can anyone help with that?

It is a Satin, Plain Top Honey Burst.

Thanks!
G

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Trad Pro GT.... with P90s... I swapped out the locking grovers for Vintage Kluson that required the 10mm press in bushing adapter... I just wanted a more vintage look.....in fact i did the whole R6 makeover..... Creamtone plastics and a Faber ABR. Historic knobs. Still have the locking Grovers,... i put them on my 2004 V.

IMG_1180.JPG

sonar1

Reaction score
I greatly prefer Klusons.
Just bought two sets to convert the Grovers on my 2019 Classic, and the locking Grovers on my 2020 Trad-ProV.
Today I did indeed swap out the tuners on my Classic (without adding any holes).
Immediately changed them back!

I had forgotten my vow about leaving stuff as-is: if it was alright in the store when I bought it, changing stuff will disrupt the the vibe and cause wrong notes!:slash:

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well look at it this way. Those tuners look better anyway IMO. I wouldn’t change them. You can get locking versions of those tuners now too.

If you just must change, I really prefer the hip shot open gear locking - very precise - or sperzel - less precise but light and very solid.

ApollosRevival

Reaction score
Well look at it this way. Those tuners look better anyway IMO. I wouldn’t change them. You can get locking versions of those tuners now too.

If you just must change, I really prefer the hip shot open gear locking - very precise - or sperzel - less precise but light and very solid.
Thanks for the heads up. One other thing I noticed is that it has a cream input jack plate vs. the silver plate on my other Traditional Pro. Hmm...I guess I'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone.

ApollosRevival

Reaction score
Just an update:

Guitar came today, and it plays great and looks amazing. I’m very pleased.

The strap buttons have definitely been replaced too as they are black. I’m thinking the original owner probably made a few changes based on appearance and then sold it to the guy I bought it from. No big deal. I’m going to put strap locks on it and may or may not change the tuners.

Thank you everyone for all your input.

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
I have a traditional pro gold top that I purchased new. It came with grover locking tuners with keystone buttons.

Latest Threads