Trade War and used guitar prices

blind radish

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are prices on used guitars going through the roof. I am not singling out individuals of individual forums but models that are normally within the reach of my finances, no longer are.

What gives? Trade War fever?

afireinside

Reaction score
Ive been trying to sell a 16 trad no weight relief limited ed for mint $1500 and no bites. I figured its a good price. Considering the price of a new one. And has same specs of a 19 standard

blind radish

Reaction score
Ive been trying to sell a 16 trad no weight relief limited ed for mint $1500 and no bites. I figured its a good price. Considering the price of a new one. And has same specs of a 19 standard
That IS a good price! GLWS

musicmaniac

Reaction score
I've seen some listed for more but who knows what they actually sell for. There's still good deals to be found I think.

LPaddicted

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are prices on used guitars going through the roof. I am not singling out individuals of individual forums but models that are normally within the reach of my finances, no longer are.

What gives? Trade War fever?
Hide glue raised prices x3

MSB

Reaction score
the used market has dried up the last few years. There are still deals, but few and far between and really not worth the effort. Everything is the "good wood."

judson

Reaction score
there are always deals out there, you just need to hunt them, and have the knowledge to recognize a great deal.....

Benniator

Reaction score
I think it’s a good price and I’d be tempted if I was in the market for another guitar.

blind radish

Reaction score
I have found that trading creates a more reasonable pricing model for two guitar owners coveting each other's guitar. Maybe it has always been so.

ARandall

Reaction score
There are more people wanting to try and con a sucker maybe.......such that you get these insane asking prices. An ad recently was asking 20k for a 70's Custom (a 3-4k guitar at the absolute extreme).
Of course if you just look for a short while you don't see the time they sit there unsold, nor the gradual downward asking price.......as a legit seller actually sees what the likelihood of an actual bite at the inflated price is.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I've noticed the prices on reverb and ebay are now stupid (at least to me) I used to be able to get a deal or 2 off them but the prices are laughable now.

eeprete

Reaction score
Prices are up sales are not.

I have tried to sell several with ZERO results.

"Buy Reissues, they are good investments".... that philosophy has NOT worked out..... LOL

bblooz

Reaction score
I've noticed the prices on reverb and ebay are now stupid (at least to me) I used to be able to get a deal or 2 ...
Folks can ask whatever they want, but if there isn't a buyer willing to pay that, the item sits, and sits, and sits, etc.
Prices are up sales are not.
Summer is typically a slower time of year for sales anyways. They'll pick up as the weather gets colder, especially around Christmas. I have taken the opportunity to make some nice purchases recently, and will sell a few later. I'm in no rush.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Summer sales are slow. Nothing is moving right now except stupid deals.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I agree, especially with SG Standards. I'm near Toronto. Standards used to be in the $700 - $1,000 range. Now everyone wants $1,400 and won't take less than $1,200.

Latest Threads