Trade Value Input Welcome

BubbaRogers

Reaction score
Les Paul Family,

New member here, new-ish LP player as well.

I need your opinions/thoughts on the value of a possible trade. I know the old adage about opinions and a certain sphincter muscle, so I'm anticipated a plethera of sarcasm and insight.

I've got a 2013 Gibs Les Paul 60's Tribute... I love everything about the guitar except the neck. I just haven't bonded with the slim 60's taper. I'd like to give a 50's profile a chance. I've the potential to trade for a 2014 LPJ.

Differences between the 2014 LPJ and 2013 60's is the body construction (more maple on the LPJ), neck profile (50's vs 60's), pickups (Burstbuckers v 61 Zeb's, although Gibson is saying the 61's are in the BB family).

Ultimately... this decision comes down to playing the guitar and feel. What I'd like your input on is the value of a 2014 LPJ vs. 2013 60's Tribute. My homework says they're about the same value wise, but I just want to be sure that I'm not giving away more than I'm getting back.

Thoughts?

-Bubba

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Hey Bubba

I would think the Trib holds more value. Dollar value I can't pin down, it's really based on the used market where you live.

if you go for this trade, I think you should be asking for money as well.

Robotechnology

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd say $150 plus an LPJ would be a fairer trade for your 60's Tribute but, certainly not straight across. Why not see if you can find a Studio Deluxe II '50's neck (or any studio model with a '50's profile) for trade instead

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I'm considering trading my GT Studio 60s Trib (plus a little cash) for a Marshall DSL head and 1960a cab. I'm torn.

uwmcscott

Reaction score
I'd say $150 plus an LPJ would be a fairer trade for your 60's Tribute but, certainly not straight across. Why not see if you can find a Studio Deluxe II '50's neck (or any studio model with a '50's profile) for trade instead

I would echo the Studio Deluxe recommendation, they are fantastic guitars for the $$.

BubbaRogers

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

My beer gut was telling me this wasn't a even trade; I'm glad I heard it from somebody else.

I'll be on the look out for a studio as that seems to be close (if not on) to the same level as my 2013 Tribute.

I had Guitar Center evaluate the guitar and they offered me $275 trade in value plus 15% off new gear... I know you gotta leave some meat on the bone for resale but no thanks. Music Emporium in Houston (great guitar shop) offered me $400 as they said they sell those used for $500.

Maybe its just me but I feel as though these are worth more then $500 used. I'd say 600-650, but I've been wrong before.

Anyway, thanks guys...

-Bubba

Latest Threads