Trade my R9 for a Page...?

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Any Page user out there?
I've read that the neck is tapered. I don't even know what that mean.

The guitar is in the southern part of Sweden and I'm in the northern part so I wont have a chance trying it...

I've got a Page, and wouldnt trade it for anything. Yes it does have a shaved neck, but for me its Oh so comfortable. I dont have a problem playing a 58, 59, 60 neck to me its all relative. The neck size at the first fret is similar size to a 59, also at about the 12th fret, its the middle where everything changes. Also they made about 850 last generation Pages, they make more R9s a yr than that I'm sure. The Page will hold its value way more than a R9, unless you tear the hell out of it. It has better tuners, and other little features. Anything else PM me, I'll see if I can help. :)

Kølabrennern

Reaction score
Any Page user out there?
I've read that the neck is tapered. I don't even know what that mean.

The guitar is in the southern part of Sweden and I'm in the northern part so I wont have a chance trying it...

Look at it this way. If you don't like it, you can sell it for way more than you could get for your R9 and buy another Reissue.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Make sure it's the right model Page...there are a couple three different models, right?

If you're getting the relic'd Custom Shop model, then sure, go fo rit.

If it's the not the relic'd one, I probably wouldn't myself.

BB

Brother B, your not ever going to get a Relic'd Page under $20,000. But if you find one cheap let me know, I'm down for it. :)

Es Paul

Reaction score
There were a few relic'd pages on the Bay the past 2 months. none went for over $13,000. Not the signature. The murphy 150's.

Es Paul

Reaction score
get the page, or I'll find the guy and trade my r9 for it.

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. The value isn't such big deal for me, I'm just looking for a great player, which I admittedly already have. But the Page might be even better. I don't know about the tapered neck, It might work.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There were a few relic'd pages on the Bay the past 2 months. none went for over $13,000. Not the signature. The murphy 150's.

Well mostly I'm speaking of the 25 special ones, actually 24 since Jimmy has the other. $13,000 for the Murphy 150? I wouldnt mind having one. But I want one of those 24. :)

BTW Did the Murphy's sell, or was that a starting bid?

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you for you input. The value isn't such big deal for me, I'm just looking for a great player, which I admittedly already have. But the Page might be even better. I don't know about the tapered neck, It might work.

It's not what you would call a taper. A taper is when something starts small and gets bigger, dont think of it as a taper.

Es Paul

Reaction score
yeah, they sold. They were at 7grand one night. Then it was 13 big ones the next morning. I missed out on one 2 yrs ago for 7500. didn't have the money. My buddy has one of the 24. forgot which number.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah, they sold. They were at 7grand one night. Then it was 13 big ones the next morning. I missed out on one 2 yrs ago for 7500. didn't have the money. My buddy has one of the 24. forgot which number.

Very Cool, he put out some hefty cash for that huh. Really doesnt matter which number, its still one of the 24. :)

I've never seen one of the Murphy's priced less than $15,000, I guess I sleep to much:)

Es Paul

Reaction score
I was on the look out 2 or 3 yrs back Rev. waiting for the right one. They were all over ebay at the time. now i can't find one. He payed 25 big ones. shipped from Gibson.

Stowburst

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd do it in a heartbeat, only because the Page is worth a lot more.

Are you a collector or a player? Players don't care what they are worth! :applause:

I would keep the 04 R9.. a Page is a GREAT guitar but I would rather have a just a standard R9

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd call my self a player, but I would be plain stupid ignoring the value issue.

Stowburst

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Your R9 looks killer and its got a lovely dark board.. I would keep it. I'm trade you my R9 and a Page for your 54 LOL!!

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just for the sake of it, it's a '53. Thanks, but I honestly don't think so:laugh2:

I also think my R9 is great, and yes its got that dark board. I'm not that over excited doing this trade, I know what I got, and she's great. I haven't tried a Page, don't know anything about the hourglass neck, if I may call it that, and then we have all the electronic stuff going on in the Page.

We'll see. I really appreciate all your opinion, When I've decided, you'll bee the first to know

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Now I got some photos from the guy. Serial number jpp 479. I can't find any info about the Page serial number system, but some one here maybe can help me with that.

The pics doesn't say so much, this one is the best.

Page.jpg

I just noticed the double washers, is it original on the Pages?
And how about the subtle flame top, almost plain.
Hm...My R9 got a gorgeous flame top, I can't decide if I like this or not.

Owl

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Pages did come with the double thumbwheel mod (also known as the "BOBBO Mod").

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Double Thumb wheels. Not washers. Sorry:eek:
So, what do you think about the deal?
Here's a photo of my R9 I haven't posted yet.

R9_front.jpg

Latest Threads