TRADE Feeler (CDN) - 83 Fender Strat

bluesguitar1972

Reaction score
*** THE GUITAR ***
I've got an '83 Fender Strat that I'm thinking of offering up as a trade.

The guitar is in excellent shape for a played instrument nearly 30 years old. The maple neck has aged nicely, and is on the thinner side. Specs say it's a 12" radius board.

This particular model of Strat was made for less than 1 1/2 years (83/84) at the end of the CBS era. It shares the higher quality control of the Dan Smith era re-issues. The bridge was an experiment by Fender. It's a schaller bridge with no back route. It has only 1 tone knob with the output jack in the place of the traditional 3rd tone knob. At the time it wasn't very well received by Strat purists, though I'd say now with the multitude of other Strat variations, it doesn't stick out quite as much. It's all stock, including the single ply pick guard.

Overall the guitar would make a great player, while still in nice enough condition to keep as a collector if someone is so inclined. It does have some swirling scratches that I couldn't pickup with the camera and a small ding on the head stock (pictured below).

It also comes with the original case that's also in very good condition for the year... it does not have the trem arm.

*** FOR TRADE? ***

For Trade value - I'm thinking something in the $1200ish range. The value for these seems to vary pretty heavy. Given the condition it's in, I figure $1200 is a fair trade value. If you look on ebay, some asking a lot more (though whether they sell for that or not is a different matter.)

A couple odd guitars that I'd be interested in are the Voodoo Les Paul, and the Swamp Ash Les Paul...other LP models are all possibilities. I'd also consider a nice SG Standard, or a Deluxe Stratocaster or Deluxe Telecaster with a Rosewood board. I'd also consider a Standard Strat with a Rosewood board if it has a set of Lindy Fralin Split blades. :)

I'm not looking for an Asian guitars, and pretty unlikely looking for a custom build (if I didn't like the guitar, I could be stuck with it for near ever).

***GEOGRAPHY disclaimer***
I'm probably not interested in trading out of Canada due to the higher cost of shipping. It's a possible a deal is south of the border, but it would either have to be a must-have guitar for me, or some accommodation for shipping costs.

83fender001.jpg

83fender02.jpg

fenderheadstock2.jpg

fenderheadstock.jpg

fenderneck2.jpg

fenderneck.jpg

83fender03.jpg

83fender01.jpg

Agflyer

Reaction score
*** THE GUITAR ***

***GEOGRAPHY disclaimer***
I'm probably not interested in trading out of Canada due to the higher cost of shipping. It's a possible a deal is south of the border, but it would either have to be a must-have guitar for me, or some accommodation for shipping

Nice looking guitar... Wish South Alabama wasn't so far south of the border

bluesguitar1972

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar... Wish South Alabama wasn't so far south of the border
Was surprised - I decided I'd put this up on ebay, and when I got a rough shipping quote, the price seemed to not be a big factor shipping ground/courier between the states and Canada (equalish distance). Was about $150 to go to California and around the same to British Columbia. Shipping is terribly expensive in Canada...

Latest Threads