Trade Feeler 1994 Guild Crossroads Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
1994 Guild Crossroads Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar, CR1
made in USA, tiger maple top with white bound border having double-lined inlay, mahogany back, tiger maple neck, EMG pickup, chrome plated hardware, Grover tuners, pearloid Guild logo on bound peghead with double-lined inlay, with original Guild hardshell case. - Very good condition.

This is a 22 fret 6 string single-cutaway acoustic/electric made by Guild in Rhode Island in 1994 while Guild was owned by US Music. It is not the same as or even similar to the Slash endorsed Guild Crossroads dual neck and body combination 6/12 string acoustic/electric. It has all solid woods, mahogany back and sides, select maple top. Back and sides are one carved piece. Guild called the body semi-hollow, but it has no center block and is completely hollow inside with x-bracing. The top, back and sides are heavier than an acoustic or archtop hollow body.

Overall body shape, appearance (except bridge), size and weight is that of a solid body electric. The neck is bolt-on 3-piece maple with a heavy rosewood fretboard. Headstock set is 15 degrees and has Guild's typical wide rectangular acoustic shape with concave sides and domed top. Tuners are gold-chrome Grover Rotomatics. The neck meets the body between the 16th and 17th frets with a small upper cut-away and a lower cut-away to the 21st fret.

The bridge is rosewood and constructed exactly like an acoustic flattop bridge complete with bone saddle. It has electric and piezo acoustic pickups both active and powered by one 9v battery accessible through a back plate. They comprise an EMG 89 humbucker/single coil at the neck and a Fishman AG-125 piezo under-the-saddle acoustic in the bridge. Each has its own volume control. The electric volume pushes and pulls to select the humbucker or the single coil in the EMG 89.

According to the the things I have read, Guild plant foreman in 1996 (Fender owned Guild by 1996) said they made only two runs of this instrument, less than 40 total, and sold less than 30 of them in 1994, the only year Guild made them.

According to Guild, the highest and last serial number was FA000097. They were serially numbered, so there are no more than 97 of these even if the foreman's recollection of the quantity is inaccurate. This one is FA000091.

This still has the truss rod adjuster/driver and the case key.

I have only recently considered getting rid of this, it is not eating anything and I do not need the money.....I have seen these start at auctions in the 2K range but honestly do not know what it is worth.

Attachments

Latest Threads