Trade Feeler 1956 Gibson ES225T

questionman

Reaction score
Hey all

I am testing the waters for a trade for my all original 1956 ES225T. I got this a year ago and mainly played it as an acoustic but was recently gifted an early 70s acoustic and since havent touched this one much. Not in any hurry to push it out the door but seeing if anyone might have interest in this one, it is too nice a instrument to be sitting in a case in the closet

All original, minus the tuners which I do have. They were just so stiff I was paranoid I would break off the heads, so I put a newer set of Klusons on, same shape, no new divots or screw holes. Even have the original screws. P90 is killer, very versatile with minor adjustments to the tone. Pots are a little stiff but work fine. Neck is a nice fat 50s shape, original low frets which are quite comfortable to play - coming from a guy who refrets his guitars with 6100 wire lol. No cowboy chord indents. Fretboard is in great shape. No headstock/neck breaks. There was a small chip off the top of the headstock that happened many years ago and was repaired, original piece of wood glued back into place (visible in second and 6th picture). Body is a beautiful dark burst with some great checking, some buckle wear on the back which is a beautiful piece of mahogany. No finish checking on the neck. Some dings and dents from the years but overall in great shape

Not sure the weight, if anyone wants it I can weigh it for them

Non original Gibson hardshell case included, newer case, brown outside, black inside

Interested in Custom Shop Gibsons and Fenders, vintage Fenders...maybe vintage Gibsons but would really have to be the right guitar

Want a 50s Gibson? Let me know what you have! Any questions just ask! Located in central Vermont if any interested parties are close in the area and would want to meet in person

Last edited:

questionman

Reaction score
$3500? Not real sure on the value of these, thats just about the value I had when I initially traded for this

Latest Threads