Trad Pro V Pricing Change and Sale

01GT Eibach

Reaction score

LocoTex

Reaction score
Only for the Iced Tea finish. The Wine Red is still $1999.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Only for the Iced Tea finish. The Wine Red is still $1999.
Good catch -- I did not notice the Wine Red was not on sale but the Iced Tea was. Maybe they will add the Wine Red later on? It will not be too long that those that already purchased these will start feeling pretty good about their purchase from a financial standpoint, and likely the same that part-take in this sale.

Peter M

Reaction score
Very nice LP at a very nice price! Too bad I just had a NLPD this past Sat... the wife would say "too soon". :hmm:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Hard to beat that price for a new guitar.

Hecubus

Reaction score
Stratosphere has a bunch without hardware or cases (neck and body only)

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
They also added 48-month 0% financing to the sale, where you would also get 8% back in "MF cash" ($128) in addition to the killer financing. Sorry for sounding like a GC/MF shill, but it is quite a deal considering that they are raising the price to $1999.

moreles

Reaction score
There's list price and there's actual value. The guitars being discussed here have an actual value in line with the "sale" price. It's not as though they're really worth way more than the actual charge, particularly if they're "exclusives" for a specific big box mass marketer. Nothing against the guitars, which look terrific -- it's just important to remember that nothing is worth more than the actual market price at which sales occur. As for value of budget models going up over time -- maybe, but that would be unusual.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
There's list price and there's actual value ... the actual market price at which sales occur ...
Agreed. Clearly, though, GC is seeing sales strong enough to inch up their pricing. 20% off is a steep discount for any new Gibson, where one usually sees discounts topping off at 15% (non-clearance). Because of that "15% paradigm", GC seems to me to be setting themselves up for a holiday 15% discount for the holidays ($1699). It is just my personal opinion, but I doubt we will ever see $1599 for these guitars again. (Again, just my opinion) Anybody with any inkling to get one should as it is unlikely to see this price again.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Wow ...
1) The Trad Pro V "Iced Tea" that had a new list price of $1999, but was on sale for Labor Day at $1599 is now GONE ... not even listed any more on MF. At that price, maybe sold all that they would get for the year (?).
2) Also on sale at $1599, is the Hog version far behind?
3) The Trad Pro V "flame top" has a new list price of $2999. Isn't that a $300 increase??

JMP

Reaction score
Wow ...
1) The Trad Pro V "Iced Tea" that had a new list price of $1999, but was on sale for Labor Day at $1599 is now GONE ... not even listed any more on MF. At that price, maybe sold all that they would get for the year (?).
2) Also on sale at $1599, is the Hog version far behind?
3) The Trad Pro V "flame top" has a new list price of $2999. Isn't that a $300 increase??
Suddenly a new Classic seems to be a solid option. $2,000….can’t beat it really.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
They have run this sale pretty regularly on these MF/GC exclusives on Memorial and Labor Day as I recall. Maybe more regularly, can’t remember exactly.

It’s the HP circuit and Satin finish with asymmetrical neck - great deal really for what it is!

Latest Threads