Trad Pro V 60's neck on what other guitars?

chrose1201

Reaction score
Hello all. I did a search and didn't find quite what I was looking for. 3 years ago or so I bought a 2012 Traditional. Beautiful guitar! However the band(s) I was in I really needed the thinness of single coil guitars so I sold it. A couple of guitars later I ended up with a sweet partscaster with a custom neck that was the same size and shape as an EBMM Luke III. Nice and small! However I no longer play in those bands and after watching about 6 hours of the Allman Brothers at the Beacon and a bunch of other LP players I think I really need to add a LP back to the stable.
I played a new Trad Pro V at the store today and I LOVED the neck! I was cool with the weight of the satin finish. However not a big fan of the split coil push/pull taps on each pot. Of course no one says that I HAVE to use them! However what other LP's have that same neck? Anyone know offhand? I know it has the 12" radius and 1.69" at the nut. If I have to get the TPV to get that neck I will, but hopefully there is another option! Thanks!

MeTheGuy

Reaction score
Hello all. I did a search and didn't find quite what I was looking for. 3 years ago or so I bought a 2012 Traditional. Beautiful guitar! However the band(s) I was in I really needed the thinness of single coil guitars so I sold it. A couple of guitars later I ended up with a sweet partscaster with a custom neck that was the same size and shape as an EBMM Luke III. Nice and small! However I no longer play in those bands and after watching about 6 hours of the Allman Brothers at the Beacon and a bunch of other LP players I think I really need to add a LP back to the stable.
I played a new Trad Pro V at the store today and I LOVED the neck! I was cool with the weight of the satin finish. However not a big fan of the split coil push/pull taps on each pot. Of course no one says that I HAVE to use them! However what other LP's have that same neck? Anyone know offhand? I know it has the 12" radius and 1.69" at the nut. If I have to get the TPV to get that neck I will, but hopefully there is another option! Thanks!
I recently bought a Trad Pro V while on sale and have been very happy! I hope you can get one too.

It has a 10-16 inch compound radius neck not 12 inch radius and it is an asymetrical neck. Comfy profile.

Btw, there are dip switches in the control cavity that will alter what the push pull knobs will do. Play around with those and I'm sure you will find some tones that will be suprisingly useful.

Good luck! I love mine in satin Iced Tea.

chrose1201

Reaction score
I recently bought a Trad Pro V while on sale and have been very happy! I hope you can get one too.

It has a 10-16 inch compound radius neck not 12 inch radius and it is an asymetrical neck. Comfy profile.

Btw, there are dip switches in the control cavity that will alter what the push pull knobs will do. Play around with those and I'm sure you will find some tones that will be suprisingly useful.

Good luck! I love mine in satin Iced Tea.
This one? https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-V-Satin-Electric-Guitar-Satin-Wine-Red-1500000302772.gc

MeTheGuy

Reaction score

chrose1201

Reaction score
I boight the satin Iced Tea. The tradbucker pickups are very nice and it has locking tuners. But yes the entire Trad Pro V series has the same specs. The only thing I believe vary are satin vs gloss finish options and mahogany top vs traditional maple cap on mahogany.
View attachment 537982
Thanks MTG, what I actually meant was if there are any other LP's that use the same neck.

chrose1201

Reaction score
I watched some videos last night and realized that the idea of splitting the coils or tapping them is actually a pretty cool idea and is nothing radically different than what other companies are doing. It more or less gives me the same thing that my Luke III had except that you could only split the single coils into pairs. Bridge+Neck pups.

MeTheGuy

Reaction score
Thanks MTG, what I actually meant was if there are any other LP's that use the same neck.
I'm not sure . You mean compound radius or asymetrical profile? Or both? I had a Future Tribute SG with an asymmetrical neck. I think the current "Modern" Gibsons have a compound radius.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Traditional pro v’s, modern. Also look at 2016(maybe some other years) Standards. Well some of the 16’s have them as I got one. I love the asymmetrical neck and compound radius fret board. That or a 50’s neck for me lol. The asymmetrical seems to fill up my upper hand/palm like a 50’s neck while allowing better access to the higher strings and higher frets.

Latest Threads