Totally sick about vampires

LPBR

Reaction score
Years ago I used to like any horror movies, including vampires ones. Lately seems that it was too banalized with an excessive amount of movies and TV series about the theme.

Although a teen stuff, I confess that I watched all the Edward/Becca 'saga' and it was kind of OK to watch once. Also I have tolerated Tru Blood till the end of second season and then I gave up.

I think that I have spent my whole life 'vampire shot' in those as I cannot even heard about of it anymore. Any time I start to read a series/movie review and I stumble with the 'vampire' word I automatically feel a puke coming and skip to the next topic.

Any one else?

Spoone

Reaction score
Today's vampire's are shite. The last "good" one was in the movie "Lost Boys".

Back in my day? Vampires sucked blood. Not d*ck.

DHBucker

Reaction score
I like Dracula with Gary Oldman and Wynonna Ryder. It was gothic and creepy...Just what I like in a vampire flick.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife likes the 30 Days of Night creatures.

I liked the Van Helsing and Underworld creatures well enough.

I thought for a long time Fright Night (the original version) was the best remake of the "standard" vampire (even though it was a parody of sorts), but it is starting to show its age now IMO.

Oh, I almost forgot Bordello of Blood ... I could watch that. Tales from the Crypt usually does pretty good.

Howard2k

Reaction score
I confess that I watched all the Edward/Becca 'saga' and it was kind of OK

ct51c9fbc3.jpg

Actually I did like the first few seasons of True Blood, but then it did seem to go downhill pretty quick.

Mule Train

Reaction score
The day. The night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7fPsSiq_8]Dwight Frye as Renfield from the 1931 adaption of Dracula - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJcCBypF00]Ballad of Dwight Fry by Alice Cooper - YouTube[/ame]

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
One of the better most recent vampire flicks was John Carpenter's Vampires. No teenage vampires in this one.

I never understood that about the Twilight series...what the hell would a few hundred year old vampire want with an emo teen girl anyways? You'd think he'd look at her as a light afternoon snack and that's about it. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG1EdirLMNk]John Carpenter Vampires 1998 DivX ENG - YouTube[/ame]

LPBR

Reaction score
Actually I did like the first few seasons of True Blood, but then it did seem to go downhill pretty quick.

Not sure exactly, but I think we stopped to watch it when some kind of fairy has appeared for Sookie or something like that. We thought it was too much at that point.

:laugh2:

Spot

Reaction score
Barlow from Salem’s Lot, Janos Skoreny from the Night Stalker pilot, everyone from 30 Days of Night were all SCARY vampires. Buffy’s, Edward, the Tru Blood and Vampire Diaries, Lestat & Louis…… weak.

9338330.jpg

36320212656782495693063.jpg

bridgingthevampiregap20.jpg

SLewis

Reaction score
Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was a good book, I don't know about the movie though.

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
One thing that has always bothered me about just about all vampire movies is that Dracula was able to walk by day and he did not change into a bat of any kind. For whatever reason, the majority of vampire literature and film has corrupted that and changed the lore from Stoker's original book.

Vampires do not die if exposed to sunlight. All it does is lower their strength.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Even worse, and more annoying than the whole vampire shtick is the recent buffet of Zombie themes. About as lame as one can get.

I'll take the whole vampire thing in small doses, and actually enjoyed these two:

1.)Interview with the Vampire

2.) Let Me In.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
This guy was a great vampire back in the day..It was a tv show but they also came out with a movie in the 70's that scared the hell out of us kids..Not sure how it would translate to today's times but back then Barnabas Collins ruled..
Salem's lot was good also
1376-1.jpg

FUS44

Reaction score
James Woods character unknowingly christened these weak tween-pires in 1988.

I believe the term was "pole smoking fashion victim(s)".

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
Barnabas Collins and Dark Shadows was my favourite afternoon show when I was a kid. In the 5 years it was on, 5 days a week I might add, it covered everything from vampires to witches to time travel, werewolves and even scientific cures for vampirism. The two movies based on the show were lacking in depth but were great for their day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjovb6UQgyA]House, Night of Dark Shadows Trailers - YouTube[/ame]

The recent Johnny Depp movie was a total abomination and should be ignored.

Kashmir

Reaction score
Anything vampire, apocalypse, or zombie related. They've all seen their day, imo. Way overdone. I automatically turn the channel and/or look elsewhere from those subjects now. Books, movies, and TV shows containing those subjects make me nauseous.

Engel

Reaction score
I really liked interview with the vampire. Salems lot is a good one too.

Latest Threads