Totally pissed my 2014 Gibson teal blue Lp got another dent now looking to sell it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sell it and get over it.

Grey

Reaction score
Read some of the comments ya that will piss me off, young father and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just stated the truth the finishes are thin and S h I t t y

My nitro-finished '97 SG is 18 years old, has been in and out of bars and dosen't have a single dent or divot on the body. Aside from some chips around the edge and on top of the headstock, the finish looks as good as the day it was made. If you want to talk about truth, maybe you should explain how a "soft rubber phone case" made a deep circular ding on the front of your guitar.

DDR82

Reaction score
My nitro-finished '97 SG is 18 years old, has been in and out of bars and dosen't have a single dent or divot on the body. Aside from some chips around the edge and on top of the headstock, the finish looks as good as the day it was made. If you want to talk about truth, maybe you should explain how a "soft rubber phone case" made a deep circular ding on the front of your guitar.

No no no there are a few smaller dents that did that I did this bumping it at practice

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Be careful, logic and truth tend to piss some people off.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
150867d1451167601-totally-pissed-my-2014-gibson-teal-blue-lp-got-another-dent-now-looking-sell-dscf1113.jpg

Never seen a teal to red burst before.
Looks kinda strange with the metal studs on the side but hey, to each his own.

DDR82

Reaction score
Got to read it again, I said those were the first 2 small dents that blew my mind as to how fragile the finish is and that's when I really tried to baby it

Grey

Reaction score
No no no there are a few smaller dents that did that I did this bumping it at practice

So the dent you posted a photo of was caused by you knocking the guitar into something at practice, and not related to the phone-case incident mentioned on the first page. Sounds like you need to be more careful. :dunno:

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just found another dent in the Finnish of my Gibson teal studio 2014 and am pisses with the poor quality of the finish and now wanting to sell and need an idea on a price. X( totally disliking the poor finish quality on these studios, ready to trade them all in for another standard after I receive my 2016 standard.

I've dented a few Swedes, but a dent in the Finnish? That's just rude, man.

sc-closer

Reaction score
Point being... I did not know the studios were so fragile. Usually when u pay over a grand for a guitar you get a good strong finnish

Well, the finish held up...the wood dented. Looks like the finish is still there. It would look worse if the finish had chipped away. You might could sweat that back out with a damp cloth and a heat source like a soldering iron.

DDR82

Reaction score
Well, the finish held up...the wood dented. Looks like the finish is still there. It would look worse if the finish had chipped away. You might could sweat that back out with a damp cloth and a heat source like a soldering iron.

That's [email protected]#$ing brilliant man!! Never thought of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads