Totally pissed my 2014 Gibson teal blue Lp got another dent now looking to sell it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDR82

Reaction score
Just found another dent in the Finnish of my Gibson teal studio 2014 and am pisses with the poor quality of the finish and now wanting to sell and need an idea on a price. X( totally disliking the poor finish quality on these studios, ready to trade them all in for another standard after I receive my 2016 standard.

DDR82

Reaction score
Or if anyone has any quotes on how much it will cost me to send it away to Gibson to have it fixed would really help as well really don't want to sell and know I'm just feeling the heat of the moment XD :/ :| :(

ido1957

Reaction score
That sucks - hope you get it repaired for cheap or sell it and get some money back.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I wouldn't be saying on a public forum about the piss poor quality of a guitar you're intending on selling. Lots of people browse these forums even if they aren't members.

DDR82

Reaction score
Yea it does and I will just pay whatever it costs to fix it it will be worth it

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guitars don't dent themselves.

DDR82

Reaction score
Well they are cheap finishes upsets me u pay an arm and a leg for these and the finishes just chip away so easily the first dent was from rubber life proof phone case without the phone in it I unpackaged the case had it on my lap got up to go grab my phone in the other room the case went flying literally bounced of the guitar creating a small dent blew my freaking mind to see something so soft could damage the Finnish broke my heart man

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they are cheap finishes upsets me u pay an arm and a leg for these and the finishes just chip away so easily the first dent was from rubber life proof phone case without the phone in it I unpackaged the case had it on my lap got up to go grab my phone in the other room the case went flying literally bounced of the guitar creating a small dent blew my freaking mind to see something so soft could damage the Finnish broke my heart man

. <---- Can you use some of these please?

MooCheng

Reaction score
theres a mysterious inexplicable force involved,

if you take every care to look after a guitar, fuss and do everything right it will get dinged,

the old work horse I play everyday and don't give two sh!ts about, nothing ever happens to that

DDR82

Reaction score
. <---- Can you use some of these please?

Can you shut the hell up? Nobody said anything about my **** denting itself of course something happened to it!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Just think of it this way: What would tit have been like if Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Slash, etc decided to sell their LPs, as soon as they got dented?

Btw, "cheap" finish or not, they WILL get dented, dinged, or scratched. Comes with the territory. If you don't like it, then buy an Epiphone.

Btw, Merry Christmas. :)

DDR82

Reaction score
Lmfao ha ha ha ya true true I'm just one of those Gibson guys that loves his axes to look it's Finest XD I had an old Gibson Lp custom for my first Gibson and man can that finish take a wallop xD I guess I just got spoiled on that super tough finish

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
You want a tough finish go get a guitar with poly urethane finish but the finish did not dent the wood dented. A tough finish will help prevent marring but not denting.

crossroadsnyc

Reaction score
I'm not big into polishing my guitars (maybe once a year), but I decided to polish my Beano last Sunday, and I was noticing a lot of play wear that I've never noticed before. It didn't bother me, and in fact, it made me happy to realize I'm getting a lot of good use out of her. It's nice to see her aging over the years. I especially like that the finish is finally starting to really sink in. I vote for enjoy it.

DDR82

Reaction score
I'm totally new to the Gibson studio scene so pls forgive me for being all green horn XD the first lps I ever owned where 2 epiphone Zakk wylde customs Bullseye aka the grail and the buzz saw and with all the thrashing bumps and falls they never dented once after that my I bought an old 78 Gibson lp custom and the same story not one dent in the 5 yrs owning it so maybe u can understand how I felt when I saw those on my very first brand new Gibson Lp

DDR82

Reaction score
After ur guys comments I decide it should stay I will send her away one day to refurbish her looks ur comments have really helped out a lot and I thank u for ur thoughts no matter what guitars will see battle scars and everyone will have their story! XD /,,/ Rock on all!

chasenblues

Reaction score
cd14a47c604e92da47ab0a7c3e100618.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads