TOP VINTAGE LES PAUL SOUND EXAMPLE

ALEXtheSERBIAN

Reaction score
Hello dear friends on My Les Paul Forum!

Here is an example, that on my opinion, is really one of the best in a last years, and it is the Keith Scott playing with Joe Bonamassa together before few years! How good it is, You can see it easeally, because You know how great Joe Bonamassa is as an Les Paul player and he is action also in this song so You can compare it and see how much character and power is in Keith Scotts sound and playing!
I think objectively That, this what Keith has played is fantastic example, top level of of shaping the tone and technique on a Vintage Les Paul and a tube amp on his choice, of course this shows also how great was Joe to invite him to play with him together! Hope You enjoy it and please feel free to add examples on Your choice and make Your comments on this theme !
As an addition, the same top level is also Snowy Whites solo with Roger Waters Wall Tour, fantastic !

All the best and greetings from SERBIA !!!

ALEX the SERBIAN

frozenotter

?
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry - you're going to need to put this in tabloid context if you're looking for interest.

It's MLP 2019 did you forget?

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Thx for posting.

Old news indeed, but good music don't age.
Hell! I am still playing Led Zeppelin and Hendrix's vinyls that are about Jurassic old.

ALEXtheSERBIAN

Reaction score
LocoTex You got it right, also my all time favorite, the First Album complete with Free Granada show staying on TOP of my list!
And short info for member frozenotter, maybe I am an old fashion guy, but I follow clips on daily basis and think that it is already to much talking on forums about scratches, dings and dongs, flames, screws mojo etc. and very less discussions about sound of Les Paul guitars, even if it is there are mostly shop clips on very poor or amateur level, so I think Keith Scott example is really something we can measure ourself! I really hope that in the future it will be nice and usefull if every member of this forum introduce him self with his gear with a nice sound clip! As we say, Gentlemen, introduce Your self !!!

Sharky

Reaction score
parts of Joe's sound and playing remember me of this here, which I really, really love soundwise

and how about this little one, soundcheck with Gladys

Last edited:

61LPSG

Reaction score
LocoTex,

That's the sound I judge other humbucker LP's by. I wore that LP (vinyl) out.
Here's my favorite live version: :hyper:

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

ALEXtheSERBIAN

Reaction score
Mr. Sharky, I have been listening and analyzing so many clips with bursts and You are completely right, Gladys is really one fantastic sounding burst( there are also a few live clips where Joe is playing this guitar), with extremely thick and full sounding high strings, without to much bright just a fat creme lead sound, I'm really happy when I see that someone recognize the REAL THING sound wise !

lewis_grey

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been posted before but this is by far my favourite Burst demo....Just the guitar plugged straight into a simple amp and a really tasteful player exploring the sounds. Pure brilliance.

ALEXtheSERBIAN

Reaction score
Dear friends on MLPF, as I said before many times, there are so many discussions about pictures, flames, scratches, mojo etc, but so less about rel thing about tone, sound of a Burst! On this forum are many COLLECTORS and BURST OWNERS, but how many of them have show to us some nice clip with Burst and a 4x12 Marshall stack or similar on a full power?
It will be really useful and nice to see the BURST OWNERS on this forum to introduce them self with such demo !
That will be then a cool discussion about the REAL THING, the sound of the BURST !

My Les Paul Classifieds