Top Gun Maverick

Gfunk_Minor

Ooooops
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree! Worth seeing. Everyone had valid points as to why they did, or did not care for parts of the film. That's the way it is with every film though.
My thought was they stole the plot from Star Wars. Did anyone catch the fact that they had to shoot missiles down a vent shaft to get the death star to blow up? Hmmmmm.....?? Sounds very familiar. Who was that Luke guy again? And, here's a questions for you military types. If they could send cruse missiles to destroy the air filed, why not destroy the enrichment site as well? Maybe it would be a short movie? My $.02. But, I did enjoy the movie, and will watch it again when it shows up on cable.

pnuggett

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally saw it yesterday. Had to ask some fat ass retiree to move his feet that were hanging off the reclined chair so I could get to my seat. Cocksucker. When the movie was over his chair looked like a garbage dump with popcorn and candy wrappers all over his chair, armrest and the floor and his empty 10 gallon drink cup still in the holder. Fucking retired slob. I'm sure he drove like shit on the way home.

Anyway the movie was great. Two thumbs up. It was good to see a movie that wasn't reeking of woke bullshit and actually portraying America as the good guys.

One of the previews before the movie started was for the Buzz Lightyear or whatever the hell you call it Disney Pixar movie. Fuck Disney. Fuck the woke assholes. I read recently that they put in a same sex kiss in that POS animated film. What the fuck is wrong with these assholes. Disney is on my shitlist that is growing by the day. Not that I have given a shit about Disney since I turned 12 years old.

Fuck 'em.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Finally saw it yesterday. Had to ask some fat ass retiree to move his feet that were hanging off the reclined chair so I could get to my seat. Cocksucker. When the movie was over his chair looked like a garbage dump with popcorn and candy wrappers all over his chair, armrest and the floor and his empty 10 gallon drink cup still in the holder. Fucking retired slob. I'm sure he drove like shit on the way home.

Anyway the movie was great. Two thumbs up. It was good to see a movie that wasn't reeking of woke bullshit and actually portraying America as the good guys.

One of the previews before the movie started was for the Buzz Lightyear or whatever the hell you call it Disney Pixar movie. Fuck Disney. Fuck the woke assholes. I read recently that they put in a same sex kiss in that POS animated film. What the fuck is wrong with these assholes. Disney is on my shitlist that is growing by the day. Not that I have given a shit about Disney since I turned 12 years old.

Fuck 'em.

It never ceases to amaze me how we can live like pigs.

How fucking hard is it to take your fucking trash to the fucking trash cans -- that you walk right past -- on your way out of the theater? You're right... it's almost always some, big, huge, fat slob, who has half of what was in his feedbag, spewed all down the front of his shirt.

Cocksuckers!

Chester Drawers

Reaction score
So, I was sat in the cinema yesterday, had just got settled into my recliner, with my drinks and snacks when, some muppet asks to get by me, to get to his seat! Couldn’t believe it! If YOU book a seat in the middle of a row, have the courtesy to get to the theatre early, to get sat down, so as not to inconvenience ME!
Being retired, I have time to encompass the FULL cinematic experience. There is NOTHING better than a movie preceded by hours of trailers to get you relaxed and ready for the feature film. OF COURSE, plenty of snacks are required for such a marathon viewing session, and with the demise of the half time usher, you have to take all your supplies with you from the start. It‘s no mean feat for us old folk to balance sweets, crisps, popcorn, hot dogs and buckets of drinks on the recliners. (Modern cinema seats are soooo small, these days, don’t you think? They were a LOT bigger in my youth).
Top tip, wear a nylon shirt, the bits of popcorn that you drop, stick to the shirt and you can enjoy them on the drive home. I like to take the long way home, driving slowly, to ensure I don’t miss any morsels.
I do wish they would send someone round to clear the rubbish away from time to time. It’s not easy trying to open your third bag of crisps with a hot dog wrapper on your lap and an empty 2 litre drink cup between your knees. I mean, with the extortionate cost of tickets, I expect someone to clear up after me, like in a restaurant. I always leave my rubbish laying around as, a) I’m retired and have earned the right to not do the menial tasks any more and b) it provides a job for someone, and I’m ALL about giving back to society.
Anyway, didn't really enjoy the movie, as I waiting on the muppet, (remember him?), to want to barge past me again. Some people are SO selfish!

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not much better than the perfect middle seats in a theater -- especially theaters with those big fat naugahyde recliners (how many naugas died to make one of those things?). The whip-cream and cherry on top of that is showing up precisely as the insipid, fucking commercials and previews finish up... and settling my ass down, moments before the feature film starts.

Excuse me, please. Excuse me, please. Excuse me, please. Excuse me, please. Excuse me, please. Excuse me, please. Excuse me, please.

Thank you - I hope you enjoyed the 30 minutes of bullshit, along with the glow from all of the phones held by every fucking millennial in the theater, who just cannot seem to ever put them the fuck away.

Sometimes, on the way into the row, I like to crop-dust the first few people sitting on the aisle, too. Makes for fun times.

pnuggett

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I was sat in the cinema yesterday, had just got settled into my recliner, with my drinks and snacks when, some muppet asks to get by me, to get to his seat! Couldn’t believe it! If YOU book a seat in the middle of a row, have the courtesy to get to the theatre early, to get sat down, so as not to inconvenience ME!
Being retired, I have time to encompass the FULL cinematic experience. There is NOTHING better than a movie preceded by hours of trailers to get you relaxed and ready for the feature film. OF COURSE, plenty of snacks are required for such a marathon viewing session, and with the demise of the half time usher, you have to take all your supplies with you from the start. It‘s no mean feat for us old folk to balance sweets, crisps, popcorn, hot dogs and buckets of drinks on the recliners. (Modern cinema seats are soooo small, these days, don’t you think? They were a LOT bigger in my youth).
Top tip, wear a nylon shirt, the bits of popcorn that you drop, stick to the shirt and you can enjoy them on the drive home. I like to take the long way home, driving slowly, to ensure I don’t miss any morsels.
I do wish they would send someone round to clear the rubbish away from time to time. It’s not easy trying to open your third bag of crisps with a hot dog wrapper on your lap and an empty 2 litre drink cup between your knees. I mean, with the extortionate cost of tickets, I expect someone to clear up after me, like in a restaurant. I always leave my rubbish laying around as, a) I’m retired and have earned the right to not do the menial tasks any more and b) it provides a job for someone, and I’m ALL about giving back to society.
Anyway, didn't really enjoy the movie, as I waiting on the muppet, (remember him?), to want to barge past me again. Some people are SO selfish!

I know who you are and I will find you.....

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it this afternoon... Daughter took us to see Top Gun Maverick...

Damn good movie... Enjoyed it... Some really funny parts in it if you're paying attention....

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Watching a movie in a big ass recliner all kicked back, armed with big popcorn and a Diet Pepsi... Hell yeuh...

Diet Coke >>> Diet Pepsi

Latest Threads