Tool sets new record - All of the Top 10 Billboard Streaming Songs

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ace is the greatest guitar player in the greatest rock and roll band of all time.

It's true, MLP told me so.

He even uses Slashes guitar so he must be cool!

Slash Tonez! :dude:
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

DotStudio

Reaction score
I really liked the first EP (opiate) and three full length records. (undertow, aenima and lateralus)

...then I liked Perfect Circle even more...

then I sort of just lost interest.

I think they shot their best loads on Undertow and Aenima. Even Lateralus I was underwhelmed by.

Opiate EP, Undertow and Aenima are pretty brilliant though.
That's... pretty much how I feel as well about the discography. I feel Lateralus had quite a few moments of brilliance on it, but I much preferred the earlier albums. 10,000 Days really didn't do it for me at all, but I'm holding out hope for the new album. I'm bored with music in general currently.

DotStudio

Reaction score
you just have to look around. There's some really great music being made right now,.. just not in the USA

(every person in that band can play the shit out of their instrument, and they all can sing)
I thought Eddie Vedder's lyrics were hard to decipher. I didn't understand a thing that young lady sang. :laugh2:

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't really pay attention to the individual parts, I let the whole thing hit me like a painting.

the hardest thing for me to learn about music once I had been playing for years, was to stop isolating the individual parts in my head when I listen to music and instead be able again to listen to the whole thing at once, (like a non-musician does.)

It's really easy to focus on the different colors of the painting and lose sight of the painting itself as a whole.

For years though I would only focus on the guitars or drums and if the guitarist wasn't "good enough", I didn't want to listen to it. Took a long time to drop the attitude and just start enjoying music as a complete package again.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
If you take the music theory and education that a crazy ass Jazz player has
Think crazy Frank Zappa mixed with a little sanity of Pat Methany

Add a little of spiritual enlightenment
think Ghandi mixed with Alistair Crowley

and impress that into musicians who play Metal

You get TOOL !!!

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yep....^^^^^
(imo) the US music is much like Hollywood and movies. It's stuck, it's reboots and such.

American Pop music has been exactly the same for 20 years. You listen to the top 20 music of 1999 (britney spears, beyonce, etc),... it sounds exactly like the music that's out now.

We used to have this thing from like the 20's through to the 90's where every ten years the music sounded pretty different. If you say "40's music, 50's music, 60's music, 70's music, 80's music," etc,... you get an idea in your head of the sound of that decade.

But then in the mid to late 90's it just got stuck in a loop.

The studios don't really want to invest in new artists. And a lot of musicians either went independent or just got a real job because being broke and poor all the time fucking sucks. (or they do both, work a real job and still create music, idk.)

But I know 'The Music Industry' and Commercial Music,... sucks. It's all fake, plastic, auto-tuned garbage that's ghostwritten by the same 2-3 guys and assembled in the studio with computers and a team of producers.

it's why (to me) hearing bands like Band-Maid is so refreshing. It's 5 young ladies that got together and started writing and performing their own songs. There's no BS. It's not perfect, but it sounds a lot more fresh and honest than anything else I hear today. It's the whole reason I like JMetal so much, so much of it reminds me of the Seattle scene in the late 80's/early 90's. It's a bunch of people all creating new bands and jumping from band to band and just making lots of music and having fun doing it.

That singer I like called Fuki (the one in that video I posted earlier) is in a bunch of different bands: Unlucky Morpheus, Light Bringer, DOLL$BOXX, Fuki Commune.

A lot of them seem to do that, they just make new bands and jump around. And there seems to be an active music scene there where people are actually going out to these small clubs to see them play their music. And people actually listen to the music and don't play with their phones. :laugh2:

It's refreshing. I wish like hell I could be over there playing too. But it's on the other side of the world and pretty sure I'm too old now. :laugh2: ... also I don't speak Japanese,.. but I do speak METAL! :dude:

PeteK

Reaction score
Man I was a bit underwhelmed by the new track. I really love Tool. I'm definitely buying the album. I just hope that first song isn't the high point.

Hack

Reaction score
dude it's a 10+ MINUTE SINGLE!! :laugh2:

that's ridiculous in 2019 :laugh2: Holy shit.

...a Single isn't 10 minutes. lol
Push play while you are on here...

It's TooL all grown up. Just for you.

PeteK

Reaction score

Uh, it's friggin Tool dude! I expect 10 minute songs from Tool. I'd be disappointed if it weren't 10 minute songs from Tool. I just wanted it to be a bit more.....interesting. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me. I still have high hopes for the rest of the album.

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I listened to some of it earlier.

I can't do 10 minute songs. :laugh2:

Zungle

Reaction score

But..But.....Its Tool, and years in the making, it must be awesome and above everything else known to man....

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A Perfect Circle = TooL without the filler

:shock:

:laugh2: