Tool sets new record - All of the Top 10 Billboard Streaming Songs

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Well I guess there is the benefit of holding back your catalog from streaming services until now. Tool released their (almost) entire catalog on Spotify and iTunes etc on Aug 1 and now they hold ALL of the Billboard Top 10 spots for streaming music.

This is the first time that a single artist has dominated the Top 10.

Pretty crazy stuff.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I've been revisiting the old albums in anticipation of the new release. They were my favorite band by far in college.

I'm in the same boat regarding the first single. Fantastic musicianship, but it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm sure a Tool fan will crucify me for this, but sometimes I think they invest too much in being clever to the detriment of the song itself. Still an instabuy for me though.

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been revisiting the old albums in anticipation of the new release. They were my favorite band by far in college.

I'm in the same boat regarding the first single. Fantastic musicianship, but it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm sure a Tool fan will crucify me for this, but sometimes I think they invest too much in being clever to the detriment of the song itself. Still an instabuy for me though.
I really liked the first EP (opiate) and three full length records. (undertow, aenima and lateralus)

...then I liked Perfect Circle even more...

then I sort of just lost interest.

I think they shot their best loads on Undertow and Aenima. Even Lateralus I was underwhelmed by.

Opiate EP, Undertow and Aenima are pretty brilliant though.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I really liked the first EP (opiate) and three full length records. (undertow, aenima and lateralus)

...then I liked Perfect Circle even more...

then I sort of just lost interest.

I think they shot their best loads on Undertow and Aenima. Even Lateralus I was underwhelmed by.

Opiate EP, Undertow and Aenima are pretty brilliant though.
10,000 Days has some great tunes (Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot), some of my favourites. Highly Recommended.

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
10,000 days is my least fav....i don't hear the brilliance that most Tool fans hear in those songs you posted NGG. It sounds like castoffs from Lateralus to me.
this, they turned into (imo) navel gazers. I'm not saying it bores me, but it made me want to listen to Undertow or Aenima instead.

I saw the new single was over 10 minutes long and noped the fuck out.

ain't nobody got time for your 10 minute song that took like 15 years to come out. :laugh2:

You can create a child and put them into high school in between TooL albums? :laugh2: Fuck all that.