TOOL Appreciation Thread

lpfan1980

Reaction score
[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]N1HbX8w0Djw[/MEDIA] - Tool - Parabola (HD High Definition Music Video)[/ame]
Tool is a good band bought Lateralus in 2001 when it came out they still have a unique sound.

Hack

Reaction score

So I've listened to this probably 30 times now.... I LOVE IT!

It isn't the TOOL of old. It is new, grown-up TOOL. 10:22 of bliss. It takes me to another world, sends me out there, somewhere.... You can't hear anything like this anywhere.

Now, I want more. I can't wait.

Spiteface

Reaction score
Listening to this new track now.

I made attempts to "get" Tool before. Undertow and Aenima. Didn't get on with them, and at the time, decided not to force it.

However, halfway through "Fear Inoculum" and I am sort of digging it. Might have to give them another go.

Dave J

Reaction score
I really don't like the new track much at all. I don't hate it, but I found it uninspiring. However, after reading some of the reviews of the album (there were a few magazines given access to listen to the full album) it sounds like I will dig the rest of the album, especially the song 7empest. I'm still looking forward to it and will buy it.

Dave J

Reaction score
You couldn't pay me to read reviews of this album before I hear it.
I know what you mean, but I'm glad I did. I was a little disappointed when I listened to the title track and wanted to get a sense of whether that was the strongest thing on the record or not. Please know that these reviewers don't go into much detail because they only were allowed one listen, so it was mainly just first impressions. I understand many people would rather stay in the dark and experience it themselves, untainted by others' views.

By the way, I am going to amend my post. I listened again today with headphones on, and enjoyed the new track much more. The instrumentation stood out much better than it did on my little computer speakers. While I am still not in love with the new track, it is very well done.

Ed B

Reaction score
Lateralus and 10,000 Days didn't grab me immediately either. A few more listens and I was floored. I had that mindset going into the 1st track. That one grabbed me right away. Could be a bad sign for the rest of the album. :laugh2:

Hack

Reaction score
Looks like I missed out on all the preordering... I can't find it anywhere that isn't sold out.

Ed B

Reaction score
Try these:

Ed B

Reaction score
Did you try soon after the post? Both sites had the album. I added it to my cart at Target to see if availability changed. It didn't. It asked me to checkout. I didn't go any further. Not sure if it would have gone through, but it looked like it was good to go.

I'd keep checking the net. It may pop up.

Hack

Reaction score
They all gone...

I have set up a Notify Me with SRC Vinyl when they figure it out...

PierM

Reaction score
Personal (and rushed) opinion, the album it's pretty much a tetris stitch of Tool stereotyped riffs, coming from the latest 2 albums, but there is no glue this time, no progression. Danny did a miracle, as usual, keeping everything in place. After one or two lines you know already how this is gonna evolve, and because of that, the average length of the songs it's really way too long winded.... It's like I listened this album 10.000 times already (pun intended..), before today. 7empest it's really a self plagiarism.

It's not a bad album really, just a huge deja-vu. In 13 years I was expecting some evolution, some new territory...but they are where they left. Which for many could be a good thing. :)

....Sterile and prolix for me, but I will keep loving them.

Last edited:

Latest Threads