Took a chance and purchased my first LP

ImGoodThanks

Reaction score
Hi to all, my first post on this forum :)

I love all the guitars I currently have, the ones that stand out are as follows;

Two Tele's
Two Strat's
A beautiful Gretsch G5420TG-OS 50S LTD
A Martin SC-13e

I prefer a clean tone, so the Tele's and Stats are my favorite guitars.

The reason I just said all this is, I never thought a Les Paul would ever enter onto my radar.

Then I read something that Mark Knofler ( Dire Straits) had said, long story short it was something along the lines of the tried a Les Paul and realized he didn't know what he was missing.

That set me to thinking, maybe I should get one, I'm a long way from my local GS, so I did m,y research, with a little apprehension I ordered one.

One word: "WOW" I have bonded with it straight away.

I was lucky enough to have my choice from a large bunch.

I wanted one with a good book match and not to much figuring, something sutle.

Very happy with the one I recieved

It's a Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Electric Guitar - Unburst

Pete

20210921_153318.jpg
20210921_153038.jpg
20210923_173148 (1).jpg

Attachments

Peter M

Reaction score
Sweet LP, enjoy!

I've gone through my Strat phases (vintage, custom, "super") enjoyed my time with them... but always returned to the Paul. Pauls are all I play these days. It's not the perfect guitar, but the best... if that makes sense. At least it does to me.

ImGoodThanks

Reaction score
Something that surprised me is how comfortable it is to play, I love the neck, short scale length. The weight isn't as bad as I was expecting either. It's certainly the most beautiful of all my guitars.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Something that surprised me is how comfortable it is to play, I love the neck, short scale length. The weight isn't as bad as I was expecting either. It's certainly the most beautiful of all my guitars.
Welcome to the rabbit hole that is LP
Now you may want to take a gander at P90 loaded guitars, such as Special or the beauty of simplicity that is Junior
Also, custom should exist on your horizon

Peter M

Reaction score
It's certainly the most beautiful of all my guitars.
I'm sure... nothing is more beautiful than a burst on a Les Paul body. Classic Strats and Teles have a good portion of their tops covered by pickguard, which hampers the full effect of a nice burst.

jbash

Reaction score
I have to say in all honestly that I don't see too many unbursts I like- most are too washed out with the natural color of whatever maple top it has. But this one is probably the best I have seen. Gorgeous.

Congrats, and crank up the gain! :D

Edit- and yeah I've had my Fender phases too- Strats, teles, strats again. I always end up back where I started- Gibsons with buckers. I've finally given up. My heart and ears know what they love, and I'm done arguing.:D

brianbzed

Reaction score
Hi to all, my first post on this forum :)

I love all the guitars I currently have, the ones that stand out are as follows;

Two Tele's
Two Strat's
A beautiful Gretsch G5420TG-OS 50S LTD
A Martin SC-13e

I prefer a clean tone, so the Tele's and Stats are my favorite guitars.

The reason I just said all this is, I never thought a Les Paul would ever enter onto my radar.

Then I read something that Mark Knofler ( Dire Straits) had said, long story short it was something along the lines of the tried a Les Paul and realized he didn't know what he was missing.

That set me to thinking, maybe I should get one, I'm a long way from my local GS, so I did m,y research, with a little apprehension I ordered one.

One word: "WOW" I have bonded with it straight away.

I was lucky enough to have my choice from a large bunch.

I wanted one with a good book match and not to much figuring, something sutle.

Very happy with the one I recieved

It's a Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Electric Guitar - Unburst

Pete

View attachment 562249
View attachment 562252 View attachment 562253
NIce! You did fine!

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy in good health :)

Latest Threads