Too many Les Paul's?....blasphemy, I say there's never enough Les Pauls one can own...

JoeyPII

Reaction score
I want 30 of them, but alas I only have 5 gibsons and a few Epi’s. I’m feeling a little inadequate now

Bobbylee

Reaction score
Can't beat p90s. Sorry for the potato cam.

d8YtQVA.jpg

LmRsr1O.jpeg
That black Custom is the shit

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't know off the top of my head how many I have. I enjoy collecting guitars and have a "Guitar Cave" that I have them all displayed. All of them are ready to play instantly. It is my hobby and I care little what others think. My wife often goes in and spends time looking at them. Her favorite is an old Fender Strat that is heavily relic'd by a traveling Bluesman who sold it to a Boutique Shop. I've flipped dozens of Craigslist guitars to pay for my collection. Cheers. Ignore people like that, you don't need negative people in your life!

hisasahisasaki

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, one Les Paul is enough unless you need a spare guitar at work.
Unlike in the past, I'm a studio work-only musician, so I don't even need a spare.
Instead of, I would like to sort a guitar with a varaety of character.
Strat, Tele, 335, Jazz box arch top, Floyd equipped, Classical gut guitar, D-28, J-45, 12 Strings etc.

But, I don't blame Les Paul collectors.
Cheers,

twfusca

Reaction score
So I was on someone's irritation nerve yesterday apparently. This person commented on my channel saying..."I find it weird that you have lots of Les Pauls, I think people should only have one Les Paul and maybe another with P90's"....

Firstly, if I were to review the same guitar everyday, the channel would become obscenely boring. I said a few polite things to him or her including...."I suggest you do not visit joe bonamassa's channel, because he will definitely make you feel weird"...lol

In lighter news, I swapped a SD59 into my tribute today, and not quite sure if I like the results. Its does sound great, but I think I like the 490R better. I also put a SD JB into the bridge a couple months ago, simply because I didn't want to have the same 490's in each position.

I also don't think having 5 Gibsons is considered "LOTS", I don't even make any money of the channel because it's new, I just do it because they are fun to play.

View attachment 563188

twfusca

Reaction score
Why would anybody even comment. What does it matter to them. I had one Les Paul from 1979 until 2012. Now I have 10 and counting. I love playing and love the Gibson Les Pauls I own. Especially now that I have discovered the Reissues. There will be a few I will sell soon but only to replace with reissues. College is paid for for my kids and I’m doing my thing. The only opinion that matters to me is my wife and she has no issue. Ignore them!

Bwk

Reaction score
So I was on someone's irritation nerve yesterday apparently. This person commented on my channel saying..."I find it weird that you have lots of Les Pauls, I think people should only have one Les Paul and maybe another with P90's"....

To each his own. I love the Les Paul. I love the way it feels and plays. It’s hands down my favorite guitar. Even when I was a kid, I thought it was the coolest, best sounding and best looking guitar made. It just screams rock and roll to me. If you feel that way, how can you only have one?? Haha

cmjohnson

Reaction score
I only have one LP but all my guitars except one have two humbuckers. The only reason I have a guitar with single coils is because it was willed to me by a friend who died. And I don't really have much use for it. Just NOT a singlecoil pickup fan, if they're not P90s.

If I knew the video of which the OP was referring to, I would probably go flame the person who doesn't understand Les Pauls and why it's not only OK, but DESIRABLE, to own more than one of them.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
That black Custom is the shit

Thanks. Pretty fond of it myself. I'm not a particularly wealthy guy, so I had to do some extreme budget stretching to afford new prices for a reissue. But these don't come around every day. I also want a 3pu b7 with a bigsby. Thankfully, those are far more common, although I'd prefer, a newer one with unpotted custombuckers and waffleback tuners.

mG5Tsep.jpeg

EeYFO5h.jpeg

First post! Was waiting for the perfect opportunity. Thanks OP! View attachment 563530

Was gonna make a joke about you having too many guitars and offer to take some off your hands, but I think I'll take that house instead.

Matopotato

Reaction score
Can't beat p90s. Sorry for the potato cam.

d8YtQVA.jpg

LmRsr1O.jpeg
"I think one LP in a sofa is 1 too many. I can not fit snugly and stretch out as I would like. I will now go on purr-strike until you bestow me with ample space on MY couch. You can have them all on your kitchen table instead. I'm not allowed there anyways. Now, time for some professional grouching.
And no purr."

zdoggie

Reaction score
I currently own 4 ,gonna let my goldtop go I never play it, and since this is still america you can own as many LP as you can pay for .

zdog

Latest Threads