Too many humbuckers

Matthewriot

Reaction score
If anyone wants to trade for some EMG 80/84 with all the little bits that go with them, im always looking for old foils and odd shaped pickups

LPTDMSV

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP, I'm in a similar position. Over the last two years my solder iron was restless, and I was able to buy pickups to experiment with. As a result, I have at least a half dozen humbuckers in the drawer with no home. I also have a number of Strat pickups that date back to an earlier episode of The Restless Iron...

I'll probably keep a couple, sell the rest.
There's good reason to have a few around to swap in and out, I think , especially if a new guitar has just come into your possession - firstly because Les Pauls in particular vary a lot and what was your favourite pickup in one might not be so in another; secondly if you have a thing (and I do) for pickup mix sounds, either in- or out-of-phase, that becomes a matter of trial and error, to get a "magic" blend.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
I end up collecting the pickups that I took out of guitars. Right now that includes Gibson Custombuckers, ceramic Firebird set, BurstBuckers 1+2, EMG KH20 Set and soon to be a set of PRS 58/15LTs. Every once in awhile I sell off the old pickups, but usually I keep them just in case for resale.

Latest Threads