Toneshaper for a Squier Tele

ledzepp2122

Reaction score
I've been looking for some mods to do on my Squier Affinity Tele and I came across a ToneShaper by Acme Guitar Works. I want to buy this but I would like to know if it's hard to install and if you have had any experience with with it, did you like it.

ToneShaper for Tele, Single Coils

Syrus

Reaction score
The guitar is $180 and it will be my main guitar for a while until my summer job. My grandmother refuses to buy me any more guitars, so I have to buy them myself.

Well, get a job :naughty:

I'd suggest skipping on this one and just getting a Tele 4 way switch from Fender, which comes in at around 15$

This switch also offers the same advantages at a lower price.

ledzepp2122

Reaction score
Well, get a job :naughty:

I'd suggest skipping on this one and just getting a Tele 4 way switch from Fender, which comes in at around 15$

This switch also offers the same advantages at a lower price.
I'm not getting a job during the school year. The Toneshaper has a lot more features than a 4 way switch.

ledzepp2122

Reaction score
It sounds good to me: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec483rw3lUQ]Bigsby Fralin Toneshaper Telecaster Jam II.MOV - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2-ARh9eSo]Tim Lerch - Toneshaper for Tele Demo - YouTube[/ame]

blueflamingo

Reaction score
you're skipping an important step was my main point. The main issue with that guitar has nothing to do with what you're shopping for. It's the tuners, nut, and hardware that are the most needed causes for change.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Those "teles" have humbuckers in the neck, does yours?

ledzepp2122

Reaction score
you're skipping an important step was my main point. The main issue with that guitar has nothing to do with what you're shopping for. It's the tuners, nut, and hardware that are the most needed causes for change.
The Toneshaper comes with either a 3 or 4 way switch so there's need for me to buy a 4 way switch if it's included in the Toneshaper.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
So those clips are worthless. :laugh2:

It is a decent looking idea. I can't speak to workmanship. But I would not spend that money on that guitar.

LKB3rd

Reaction score
$110 mod on a $100 guitar?
I have a $150 dollar "Squier 51" that I bought Seymour Duncan Custome shop "EVH" pickup for and had it routed for a Floyd Rose. It's awesome and I love it, and this logic doesn't hold water to me. In fact, when I play my "cheap" Squier and it sounds and plays great, I get a chuckle out of the fact that most people would write it off as a beginner guitar.
If you like the toneshaper, and it does things you think will be useful, and you've got $100 to spend, I say go for it.
I also disagree that the tuners and hardware are most important. If they get the job done, I leave them on. The pickups are the most important thing to me when making a cheap guitar sound good.

blueflamingo

Reaction score
The Toneshaper comes with either a 3 or 4 way switch so there's need for me to buy a 4 way switch if it's included in the Toneshaper.
so you read absolutely none of what I wrote. Welp I'm done here.

Also, I do recommend getting a job.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I have a $150 dollar "Squier 51" that I bought Seymour Duncan Custome shop "EVH" pickup for and had it routed for a Floyd Rose. It's awesome and I love it, and this logic doesn't hold water to me. In fact, when I play my "cheap" Squier and it sounds and plays great, I get a chuckle out of the fact that most people would write it off as a beginner guitar.
If you like the toneshaper, and it does things you think will be useful, and you've got $100 to spend, I say go for it.
I also disagree that the tuners and hardware are most important. If they get the job done, I leave them on. The pickups are the most important thing to me when making a cheap guitar sound good.
I had one, it was an unfinished POS.

Bought it for $95 and sold it for $165. I wouldn't put five cents into one.

Latest Threads