Tonerider Pickups

rfrizz

Reaction score
Most of their products are repros of Gibson and Fender guitars and basses, and they are dirt cheap. The humbuckers run around $55 -- $65 with covers.

I want to put one in the bridge position of my Epi LP, but I'd like to hear what others think.

Scott79

Reaction score
I bought the alnico 2 set for my epiphone les paul standard, awesome pickups. Rivals the sound of my Gibson Les Paul standard. Cant go wrong for that price either.

JohnnyN

Reaction score
Very nice pickups, definitely better than stock Epi humbuckers of the past.
Equal or better than current production Epi, depending on the guitar and ears that hear :)

JWH

Reaction score
Tonerider got a nice Alnico 2 "Rocksong" pickup thats a little overwouned for the bridge position. Ohm reading of 12 makes it a medium /high output in my books. it's got a little more of the vintage tone output with out the more powerful Alnico5 magnet. I installed it in my Gibson explorer. got a semour duncan "Jazz" pickup in the neck position. sound great together.

freddy78

Reaction score
excellent value for money , although they are are made in china they use very good materials and the build quality is top .

savvy

Reaction score
Can't comment on HB pups but have a single coil set in my tele. Cannot recommend them enough. Great pups and super tonality.:dude:

rfrizz

Reaction score
excellent value for money , although they are are made in china they use very good materials and the build quality is top .
Thanks!

Way back when, "Made In Japan" meant "crap quality" but after two or three decades, Japan started exporting high-quality stuff. China is in that process, and it is starting to manufacture and even design high-quality products. That doesn't mean they aren't still putting out shoddy crap!

Latest Threads