Tone Report: 2013 R0 Washed Cherry Sunburst

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Actinic

Reaction score
Not only played well, but played with style. These 2013's are so damn enticing, I may have to break a piggy bank to buy one. It has been a long time since Gibson has produced a guitar where one is not tempted to swap out the pickups after a month. They must be using a holistic form of design where the guitar is designed as one with the pickups to achieve the most balanced sound. That is purdy advanced optimization.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
what was the coloring like in person? i was looking at those before i bought mine; i was not sure if they were close enough to the same brown on Page's guitar. with the rosewood, they had a little red in them - it seemed like.

I don't recall it having any red in it at all... It was very Pagey.

I had to stop myself from buying it. God help me if it's there in the Fall, lol.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't recall it having any red in it at all... It was very Pagey.

I had to stop myself from buying it. God help me if it's there in the Fall, lol.

well, they are more affordable than a Gibson Historic! :) Tele's are cool guitars. i should have gotten one a long time ago. don't need any more though!

tuco

Reaction score
How are you finding the 2013 vs your JP#1? All these great reports on the collectors choice and 2013's in general have grabbed my attention but I already have a JP#1, not aged like yours but nevertheless a great guitar. Is there a big difference in the sound between them?

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How are you finding the 2013 vs your JP#1? All these great reports on the collectors choice and 2013's in general have grabbed my attention but I already have a JP#1, not aged like yours but nevertheless a great guitar. Is there a big difference in the sound between them?

I would not want to compare them. One is an artist guitar that nails the Page sound like no other; and the neck is like no other. The pickups were the first AL3 pups on a Historic - a forerunner for today's CBs. But I like my 13s better than any other non artist LP that I have owed, when it comes to tone.

Latest Threads