Tone Report: 2013 R0 Lemon Burst

oli

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, John ! It's always a pleasure to watch your videos.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Great playing John. It's so nice to see the videos. First, just posting them is cool, but I really appreciate hearing them with NO PEDALS! Don't need one with that Marshall. Also, it allows you to hear the guitar for what it is, which is awesome by the way! Thank you for posting.

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
John,

Your willingness to produce videos is noteworthy and very helpful. Once again, great playing, great tone, and great commentary on a wonderful guitar.

I'm asking because you are a rare breed that has had the experience...please if you will compare this guitar with Custombuckers to your experience with an authentic PAF loaded Historic....I know the best way would be to put the PAF's into the '13 to see the differences but...any thoughts?

If you don't want to go there I completely understand....just always wanted to know some thoughts about PAF's in a Historic...

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
John,

Your willingness to produce videos is noteworthy and very helpful. Once again, great playing, great tone, and great commentary on a wonderful guitar.

I'm asking because you are a rare breed that has had the experience...please if you will compare this guitar with Custombuckers to your experience with an authentic PAF loaded Historic....I know the best way would be to put the PAF's into the '13 to see the differences but...any thoughts?

If you don't want to go there I completely understand....just always wanted to know some thoughts about PAF's in a Historic...

Thanks!

The closest thing I know of to CBs are Jimmy Page #1 pickups. I had an extra set of Page #1 pickups that I put into a 2003 braz R9. And I eventually removed the Page pickups & put a set of 1959 PAFs into that guitar. To me, the Page #1 pickups (Alnico 3 magnets) have a little more bright tone, otherwise known as high end or twang. The same can be said for the CBs. The PAFs have more growl (like the bridge pickup in my Page #2 LP which has an Alnico 5 magnet; that pickup is different from the Page #1s mentioned above)......I don't know another way to describe it.

77custom

Reaction score
Great playing Jimmy!! Great tone as well. Thanks for the demo.

Curlymaple

Reaction score
Awesome, John!

My vote on the first video, too. I like it better than your Jp2.

lowmach

Reaction score
Sounds great!

I watched both NQ vids and the new guitar seems to cut thru a little better on the bridge pup, hard to tell difference on neck tone. Both sound great. Great playing as always, vibrato sounds spot on.

Win - win! Looks and sounds killer.

Thx for sharing the vids. That NQ solo is stuck in my head. Especially the neck to bridge transition. Your NQ and tea for one solos are my favorites. Keep it up my fellow Texan!

:dude:

Latest Threads