Tone Bender mkII Replica ~~ NOS OC75 Transistors ~~ Tonebender clone

DADGAD

Reaction score
I'm next in line for a bender, wait till you see the custom name, and I'll post an unprofessional sound clip when I get it.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I'd probably start a thread in the tonefreaks section.

I think these pedals should be unofficially called Tim Benders!

RambleFX

Reaction score
There is now ONE spot available on the list. The name of the pedal is "Twin Bender", but I can do custom graphics (Your name Bender) as well. Email me for details, tjk3052 -at- hotmail -dot- com

OT - can anyone tell me how to edit a post? Isn't there supposed to be an 'edit' button?!

stratfish

Reaction score
The Edit button dissapears after a day

YEP! Takes awhile to get used to this forum's Edit and Delete limitations as compared to TGP Forum.

Here on MLP you have 24 hours to Edit, and, you can never delete a thread... which means you may get wannabe buyers contacting you for gear you sold 3 months ago. I know cuz many times I am one of those wannabe buyers hoping I found a sweet deal only to learn it is long gone...

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
Any spots left ??? And, what's the build time ???

RambleFX

Reaction score
I added a new feature to the Twin Bender. The bias can now be adjusted using a guitar pick from a specialty pot located next to the output jack. It will come biased and may never need adjusting, but these Germanium transistors will drift from temperature or humidity changes. You can also adjust it to get the gated, sputtering fuzz effect, but what a waste of a MKII that would be :mad2:

I've received half of the tranny sets and finished 2 Twin Benders. I've had a listen to each set through a breadboarded circuit and they all sound great :thumb:

BIAS.jpg

5GUTS.jpg

RambleFX

Reaction score
I have 5 done (I think). This one is the rowdiest yet - no shortage of gain here, yet nice and quiet. The waiting list kind of went out the window as people's transistor sets have arrived out of order.

I tried my Uni-Vibe with one today for the hell of it. Never imagined the two would get along, but it was actually pretty cool sounding. Like a Rottweiler growling underwater :D

4-1.jpg

rivritt

Reaction score
This one (#4)is the bender sent to me. It sounds fantastic! Thank you for doing this build. I have a favorite pedal again. Instead of a box of blah stompers...

OBX351

Reaction score
Looking forward to getting mine!!

RambleFX

Reaction score
I'm the builder of these rowdy animals, now named Twin Bender. (note: I'm not doing custom names or labels)

I still build them and have a website with current info:
Ramble FX - Handbuilt Effects
Email: RambleFX(at)gmail(dot)com

I wanted to point out some of the changes because it has evolved a bit since beginning this thread. I found a NOS Germanium transistor that I'm in love with and comes standard on Twin Benders. They have the same specs as OC75s with lower noise and have better note definition (IMO). I am now powder coating the boxes myself for a much better, more durable finish - no more paint! I also dropped carbon comp resistors for metal film. They are much lower in noise and have better tolerance - better tone wins out. Other changes include a better grounding scheme, better wire, better circuit material.

Other news:
Coming soon, "Marvel Drive", a Marshall Plexi in a box. It simulates a vintage Marshall Plexi with the Treble and Normal inputs patched together. It recreates the input valves of a Plexi using JFETs for a very tube-like response. I have the circuit done, and it sounds killer!

3a750582.jpg

MojoGUTS_zps2bf553b7.jpg

OBX351

Reaction score
I got the pedal....WOW... I don't know what else to say....what a pedal!! Insane vintage fuzz, tone and sustain!!

I have a 64 SG std that my buddy, who is one of the largest vintage dealers in the world, calls the ebow because it will sustain all day. Anyway I tried out your Twin Bender with my SG and it added MORE sustain to the SG!!! It's F'n crazy!!

Sorry I usually don't get this excited about a pedal, but you have a winner here. THANK YOU!!

OBX351

Reaction score
Howdy Neighbor! You play out in DC? I'd love to come hear this in action!

I don't play out but I am going to host a jam soon. I'll send you a PM when I do and you can try it here if you want.

Latest Threads