Tonal Difference Between ProBuckers and BurstBuckers

thefees

Reaction score
I picked up an Epiphone Custom Pro in Ebony made in Korea and played it in Guitar Center after playing an Epi LP Standard and was amazed at the difference in the pickup sound. It had way more gain and had sort of a barky tone to it that I really liked. That one got sold, so I ordered a one over the phone. It arrived. Made in China and the fit and finish are flawless and the action is better than the other one, but although the pickups sounds great, they don't have that barky tone that the made in Korea model had.
Any comments are appreciated.
My next question is... what is the difference in tone if any between Gibson BurstBuckers, and Epi ProBuckers?

CharlyG

Reaction score
Epi is improving their pups constantly. They are getting pretty good, but still fall short of SD(the pups I replace stock pups in my Epis with).

Jack Ice

Reaction score
My next question is... what is the difference in tone if any between Gibson BurstBuckers, and Epi ProBuckers?

Burstbuckers or Burstbucker Pro? Different.
I have Burstbuckers in my Gibson '60 VOS solid and played BB Pros on a 2008 chambered. I have to say, the PAF Burstbuckers (not the Pro) impressed me, the others didn't. So again, BB or BBpro?

Latest Threads