Tommy Shaw can't get Gibson to build him a guitar

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was always much more impressed with his downpicking than vocals. But yeah, from Kill 'em All to Master his voice was the perfect fit.
Justice too. Blackened is a great example of his voice in that style,.. Shortest Straw,... etc.

On the Black album he started actually trying to sing and ..... yeah.

Master and Justice his voice had matured and sounded really good with their thrash.

That style of playing,.. Megadeth, Metallica,.. Slayer,.. just needed a decent voice.

I mean the guy in Slayer can't sing and his voice is absolutely perfect for their music.

Peter M

Reaction score
Neal's FB / Instagram videos are poorly mixed shredding exercises, for the most part. He doesn't seem to care. I'm more entertained by his snippy comments to fans who rub him the wrong way than his actual playing on those lol.

He's certainly a different player on stage and in the studio, when it counts. For my money, quite inspiring.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh there are several of us old guys up in here....

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember Tommy Shaw raving about the then new Taylor solid body electric guitars when they came out in 2008. He said words to the effect that the Taylor was going to be his new "main" guitar.

I guess he changed his mind later and went back to Les Pauls.

Latest Threads