Tommy Shaw can't get Gibson to build him a guitar

Zungle

Reaction score
Such as? Really interested in hearing who some of these bands are.

Not interested in hearing Styx because of the god-awful singer.
Dam.....your missing out on lots of good music......Styx has many good songs,

Dennis DeYoung is/was a great vocalist.....one of the better vocalist I've seen live anywhere......

Entire band was talented...mean someone in the band was, their albums went Platinum x13 and Gold x5 ......pre internet.

Spyderg0d

Reaction score
Not to break the morphine train here,. But I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread is split around a specific age cutoff of 50 and up.
Not a Styx fan. But I had a shawbucker player series for a little while I wish I didn't sell. The shawbucker in it sucked. Hehe.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Not to break the morphine train here,. But I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread is split around a specific age cutoff of 50 and up.
Not a Styx fan. But I had a shawbucker player series for a little while I wish I didn't sell. The shawbucker in it sucked. Hehe.
I'm 39, and love Styx.

Not a huge fan of Dennis Deyoung, but the rest of them are killer musicians.

Spyderg0d

Reaction score
Hey, if you don't think he's a good guitarist that's fine. But to talk about age has nothing to do with it.
In no way did I mention that it was "bad" or "bad music" or anyone wasn't "talented".
Generally, it's older people that like older music.
If you don't like that generally there are true stereotypes around groups that prefer what genre,. Well. That's your problem.
Styx typical fan base is older ppl. Obviously there's exceptions to any stereotype, and younger Styx lovers obviously exist.

I was just pointing out that "older" groups will obviously prefer "older" guitarists most of the time.

Latest Threads