Tommorow at 1642 hrs

cmh6122

Reaction score
A big ol' jet airliner is scheduled to touch down at Kansas City international airport. On board that plane will be my daughter. The last time I saw her in the flesh was looking over the frosted partition of the departure lounge on 2 June 2010. Since then she has taught English in Mokolo, Cameroon as a Peace Corp volunteer. I am vibrating.

And last night we got together at Kevin's to see how for we could get through his collection of acoustics. Two Seaguls, a Larrivee, and a D-28 later it was hometime.
Life doesn't get much better than this.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your daughter coming home. I hope she has a safe flight.

Which make of guitar in his collection do you like the best?

Matt_21

Reaction score
That's great! Glad to hear she's making it home safe.
I'm also curious which you liked best.

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome my man. :thumb:

So glad to hear your daughters safe & sound and coming home.

Big hug for her from all of us. :)

Electroman67

Reaction score
Congrats on the daughter coming home, tell us more about the acoustics when you get time.

cmh6122

Reaction score
Congrats on your daughter coming home. I hope she has a safe flight.

Which make of guitar in his collection do you like the best?
It is hard to deny his D-28, but all had strong individual voices. His collection counts better than 100 guitar of which at least 25 or 30 are probably first rate instruments.
I do think that his D-28 would be my first choice though.

cmh6122

Reaction score
you have an awesome daughter, my friend!

the Larrivée, of course! :thumb:
I do, and her older sister is cool too.
The Larrivee was a parlor guitar. Really round mellow sound, but kept up with mike's Taylor quite nicely.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
My best wishes for a joyous reunion. You must be one proud father, bud. Tell us a little about your daughter.

We can talk guitars another time.

cmh6122

Reaction score
My best wishes for a joyous reunion. You must be one proud father, bud. Tell us a little about your daughter.

We can talk guitars another time.
Emily is a petite one who lived in her older sister's shadow through school. About the time she turned 14 she had set her sights on the Peace Corps. University of Kansas class of 2010 with degrees in Political Science and Creative Writing (quite the combo), and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa.
She used to lament "How would you like to be the youngest and the smallest?", but I think she made up for it by being the bravest. The only time she left Cameroon since she got there was to go to a wedding in Kenya (a housemate in the scholarship hall at KU). I try not to brag, but I think my daughter is the kind of person that should make us all glad.

No telling what the future holds, but if courage still counts (and I think it does) I think her prospects are good.

I am an amazingly fortunate man. Both my girls have showed excellent judgement in who they hung with, and believed me when I told them that they would have to work their way through life. It is also gratifying to see that the values that my parents worked so hard to instill in me do in fact translate through generations.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
That's righteous, brotha. Your love and affection is evident in your every word, and you are indeed lcuky -- but know as well that their glory is a little yours as well, Dad.

LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proud Dad.

Your love is so evident.

For some reason it fills even me with some pride...:)

Good for you all....:thumb:

cmh6122

Reaction score
If all is on schedule she should be 35 minutes towards Brussels. She will have spent nearly 20 hours on planes before touch down at KCI tommorow.
I hope the thrill of being home tempers some of the discomfort!

Latest Threads