Tom Holmes...No more picikups?????

Dave Stephens

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In the boutique winders list someone said Holmes isn't selling pickups anymore, does anyone know this to be fact, or just rumor???

Southbay Ampworks

Reaction score
It's true. He quit making them about 3-4 years ago. His last retail prices were around $600 or so for a pair.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's true. He quit making them about 3-4 years ago. His last retail prices were around $600 or so for a pair.
IT was ME who said it, and He was basicially just over the mountains from where I live. He is into other endevours , and may not ever come back to the Pickup biz . I had it on darn good authority before I posted this, I've had in my distant past tasted my own shoe leather enough times, I always check my sources now before making such statements :fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
As of my last conversation with Tom about six months ago, he was still making pickups, although not many.
He very much wants to stop entirely, and go back to guitar building only.

To answer Dave's question, that's a Tom Holmes licensed Japanese-made pickup, which are made by the best of the best in Japan, from what I hear from my guy at Fernandes.

Southbay Ampworks

Reaction score
IT was ME who said it..
Well, I didn't hear it from you, sir. He had a sale on them some time ago, and announced he was going back to just building guitars, and IIRC, the only way you could get his pickups was to buy a guitar with them in it. This was before I left the LPF, I'm pretty sure, & that's been almost 4 years now. I know the last pairs were going for $600 (+) and there was a long list, or wait.

lp johnny

Reaction score
I called him a year ago and he would have wound me a set.
We had a nice talk about the 450/455/456..and the tone my friend got after loading a set in his standard.

Latest Threads