Tokai LS55, should I go for it?

leeaustin91

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a new poster to the forum however I've been following it for a while. I've come across a Tokai Ls55 on reverb thats up for sale at £965.00. I'm really interested in it however I have no idea if it is way overpriced. It's a 94 MIJ model. It's the finish that I really like as it looks pretty similar to the Slash 2008 Vos Les Paul Gibson produced without the enormous price tag. Any help on whether it's a fair price would be appreciated. Also a case is included with it.

Thanks

Lee.

Attachments

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Its a little over priced tbh you can find much better for that price point imo If you are stuck on a Tokai LS model then I would check out on this site the 'MIJ classified' It's a forum section on here where member's on here go to collect and resell their MIJ gem's It's always updating and you find some great deals there. Also I would check out http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/page 6 Tokai.html Its run by a member on here named 'Villager' He's a collector of the best examples of Mij guitars I've seen, and he has experience with them and has obivously played them, so he's able to compare them for you from what find there and end up liking. Also with places like reverb and ebay whichever your fancy is there's more of a risk. There's other perks with Villager but he will explain better than I can also If it helps Im buying a guitar from him currently, smoothest process so far

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Also with the LS series Incase you didnt know the lower the number ex: 50, 55 60 65 80 etc. than the lower spec'd it is and the less expensive

leeaustin91

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the information. I'll give that one a miss then! I've just checked the Japan guitars site and there's a lot of temptation on there!!

Thanks again

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the information. I'll give that one a miss then! I've just checked the Japan guitars site and there's a lot of temptation on there!!

Thanks again
No problem man he's got a great collection. Not enough money in my bank to fulfill all that temptation hahaha. I suggest shooting him a pm you can't go wrong.Lemme know what you end up pulling the trigger on anyway, LS 80s and 100s are pretty much best for the value and feel and tone wise imo the higher ones are even more amazing obviously, but then you start skyrocketing in price

zeneffect

Reaction score
I'd take a hard look at Edwards as well. Very nicely made guitars, also much less expensive.

Latest Threads