Tokai Ls 100 from 1981 without serial

raiklei

Reaction score
I've just bought a Tokai Love Rock LS100 from 81. But it doesn't have a serial number. The body and the top are mahagony, it's dark red and it has DiMarzio PUs. Because of the missing serial number I doubt, if everything is ok. But the seller told me, he had already had other Japanese Love Rocks without a serial. The company had missed now and then to stamp them. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thunter

Reaction score
Looks legit to me .....Is the top one piece too?
Ebay link not working

Matty

Reaction score
There's an '81 LS100 on YJ at the moment that is the long lost brother of this guitar.

Olds442

Reaction score
I've just bought a Tokai Love Rock LS100 from 81. But it doesn't have a serial number. The body and the top are mahagony, it's dark red and it has DiMarzio PUs. Because of the missing serial number I doubt, if everything is ok. But the seller told me, he had already had other Japanese Love Rocks without a serial. The company had missed now and then to stamp them. Does anyone know if this is correct?
you have nothing to worry about. you've purchased from a very respected seller.

enjoy that LS-100. :cheers:

Thunter

Reaction score
#1...your dealing with a very reputable seller who has been around the mij scene longer than most.

#2....I also have a high end Tokai without a serial number

#3....having 3 of these ls100 models, everything looks up to spec

Mick51

Premium Member
Reaction score
You have purchased a very nice 1981 LS100 from a highly respected dealer of vintage Japanese replicas. Absolutely no worries, so put your mind at ease.

Enjoy that Tokai!

luis

Reaction score
A 1981 Tokai without a serial number is a really odd guitar. If you own any COA, card ot the like, then you have a really rare and worth guitar. If you do not then its value would be down highly, a players guitar sure.

PuroMojo

Reaction score
Don t worry, already bought a few guitars from this seller too. Your guitar can only be real as the seller is not only serious, but also has deep knowledge on MIJs.

villager

Reaction score
A 1981 Tokai without a serial number is a really odd guitar. If you own any COA, card ot the like, then you have a really rare and worth guitar. If you do not then its value would be down highly, a players guitar sure.

yes a unstamped tokai from the early 80's is very rare, i have only ever seen 3 others.. the price was 750 pounds, a bloody bargain!! considering that it cannot be anything but an LS-100... which are around the 1200+ level..

do you think its an LS-100? lack of serial number aside, which would not indicate the model anyway, look at the specs.. one piece back, one piece top, fret binding, all mahogony, dimarzio's, (original) and natural finish.... I cannot see how it could be anything else with those specs.. but if you think differently please enlighten me.... and explain why..

luis

Reaction score
I am telling it for the same reason a 1981 LS80 can have an inkied serial number..... Or a LS Custom have lost Roph Pretenders pickups suddenly.

villager

Reaction score
ha this is funny, i dont know what he is talking about re the inkie, but i do know about the LS custom, i sold an LS custom order which was sold to me as '' with rolphs,'' i had no reason to suspect otherwise, as rolphs are not marked externally, and this model was catalogued as having Rolphs, i sold it, a year later after the buyer had seen Luis, he contacted me to tell me that they were not rolphs, (found out due to pole piece measurements), so i immediately sent the buyer a new pair of rolphs from my stock.. problem solved.. he was happy...I was 250 quid out of pocket but I had a happy buyer..

also i sold luis his LS-320 prototype, he then complained to me about the case being damaged in shipping, i sent him a vintage tokai case for free as a replacement, and asked for the other one back, he wanted to keep it.. so I said ok, then he complained that one pickup ring was slightly out of alignment, so i think there's a little axe to grind there...

its nothing to do with this at all, unless he is suggesting in an oblique way that I am a master replica builder, and have perfectly replicated a 1981 LS-100 then forgot to put the serial number on !!! I wish....

All sellers have problems from time to time, I try to sort things out in any way I can, the point of this thread was to do just that, via the knowledge of members here, to establish the fact that the original poster has a 1981 tokai LS-100 without a serial number..

also I see Luis has not stated his opinion on the LS-100...which was the point of this thread..

luis

Reaction score
I see you have a selected memory and you do not remember selling a 1981 LS80 inked serial with a dark back.......

And yes, sellers can have have problems from time to time and stand his sales if any issue with happens. I would prefer letting it go here at this point, lets back to Tokai knowledge share.....

villager

Reaction score
was it the one to you that arrived broken and i refunded you? if not then no i dont remember it sorry, pm me about it if you want..

anyway LS-100 ...... anyone doubt it?

luis

Reaction score
Yes, that one but I guess you recovered money from inssurance and I lost money on it.It was repaired safely I guess. I just told you be careful about shipping guitars if spanish partner is that company S*** who picks it at spanish border.

Anyway I see it at this point: if you sold it for a low price and the customer who owns it and is able to play it and to check it, feels OK with the guitar then all is OK.If customer does not feel OK with it then a return would solve the problem and case closed. You can always sell him another guitar of yours.

Latest Threads