Tokai facts, theory, photos & ID thread

Angus Blackmore

Reaction score
Yours looks to be a ALS75Q from the UK catalog for the year 2003.
Thanks for the comment. I hadn’t heard of the ALS line but apparently these are the Chinese ones? Not knocking China but I hope this blown up format of the same picture clarifies. You’ll see the sane background to the right (brown fence).
7F5BB53A-7B11-445B-8749-688284DECFFD.png

Attachments

Angus Blackmore

Reaction score
From the sounds of it, I think the expectation of one guitar sounding as good as another is a bit of a mental trap. Each has their own character and voice and you can have a preference of what you like but unless you are holding that exact guitar you are trying to emulate you will never get 100% there just because its not the same exact guitar. Environment, genetics, solar activity, volcanic activity, human activity, latitude, longitude, elevation, rainfall, etc etc etc etc and thats before they cut down the tree. the variables are nearly innumerable from the beginning to end lifecycle of a guitar, thus is life.

Accept your guitars for what they are and make the most of them, they say the tone is in your hands anyways.
Absolutely, well said. I should know better and stop obsessing.

Sometimes I forget which one I’m playing, they can sound so alike. Other times I swear I can hear a significant difference.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. I hadn’t heard of the ALS line but apparently these are the Chinese ones? Not knocking China but I hope this blown up format of the same picture clarifies. You’ll see the sane background to the right (brown fence). View attachment 556078

The UK often got different specs and model numbers than the rest of the world for its Tokai imports, along with that extra nipple. Just to add to the general confusion for Tokai model numbers i guess. Yours is genuine for sure, 100 % MIJ Tokai for the U.K. market. You can find the 2003 UK catalog here.

Latest Threads