Tokai facts, theory, photos & ID thread

MCT

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted this under the MIJ Deals thread, figured this may be a more appropriate home.

I stumbled across this listing on YJ, which looks lovely and I'm considering picking it up, but I've never heard of the LS-2PX model before. Has anyone else heard of it?

jim777

Reaction score
Are there places online from which you could purchase a new LS from the States? I have a daughter in Yokozuka but she knows nothing about guitars.
EDIT: Ok, is there a reliable place in Tokyo, from which to purchase a nice Tokai, like an LS-390? Is anyone in Tokyo that's aware of something maybe used and special in that ballpark? Would you mind PM'ing me if so? My daughter is game to go shopping :)

Last edited:

jim777

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Tokai that says "Neo-Select" on the headstock instead of "Love Rock", an LS-1959 model. the description says "Neo's proud Neoselect The ultimate guitar of the world's highest peak". Anyone familiar with these? Price wise it's about the same ( a little less) than a new LS-390.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Jim, I suggest that you send a pm to Wulfman or Roxy may have some insight. The thread is getting slower by the day.
Not me :rofl: Wulfman, yes! Perhaps also others who have high end guitars such as Cliff, Villager or JDZ.

At this time the only Tokai I have/had is the one I bought as a husk and then finished myself. It seems to be an LC 136WR so not high end, but I like it :)

Latest Threads