Todd Nance.......drummer for widespread panic RIP

Bluesky

Reaction score
Undisclosed illness, he passed away in Athens Georgia yesterday. One of the better jam rock groups.......sad. I always remembered this video for the tele solo at :204. He was always around the coolest musicians . ABB and WP toured together and played together many times. .

MikeyV

Reaction score
I love WSP. So sad to see Todd die. I really can't get on with them these days. I'll go to shows when they come around, but whe I listen to WSP shows, it's always the ones with Mikey. They really lost their sound when he died, and it changed again when Todd left.

I LOVE Jimmy Herring and I think Duane Trucks is a great drummer, but man, Mikey and Todd really defined the sound.

I have no inside info, but I'm pretty sure he had a serious drug and alcohol problem. If I had to guess, that's what got him. A downward spiral.

RIP Todd.

Here's a great clip of a Todd song. It's certainly the best version, and also the last one (with Houser), I think. People knew Mikey was sick, listen to the crowd cheer during his solo.

Last edited:

Bluesky

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more Mikey. Its what I meant when I said he was always around the coolest musicians. Todd just had "it". He brought out the best of the people he played with. Damn shame.

Latest Threads