Today I watched The Big Lebowski for the first time.

scott1970

Reaction score
One of my favorite local talk radio hosts, who recently got arrested after being shot on the roadside as he attacked another guy's car with a very expensive tomahawk - yeah, it's crazy sounding but true, has raved about this film for years. So, today I fired it up on Netflix.

It's a peculiar film with some funny moments. The radio host considers it a cult classic, but I'm not seeing it. I bet it would be funnier if I wasn't sober.

Kamen_Kaiju

Tachibana Racing Club
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It grows on you. Sort of like Monty Python.

At first you maybe don't see what the big deal is but then later scenes or moments pop in your head. It's really all about the characters.

"No one fucks wid de Jesus!"

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
It's brilliantly weird.

It's a hard boiled noir detective slash western story set during the Gulf War where the hero is a hippie who only cares about replacing his rug, doing as little work as possible and winning a bowling tournament.

dave b

Reaction score
Very familiar with the 'cult' status, the internet memes, and several scenes, but... never gotten around to watching it. I will, however, heed my forum brothers' advice, and actually watch it.......sometime.....someday. Promise.

Reactions: Who

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Cohen brothers do characters better than anyone in the business IMO. I love Lebowski, but I know it’s not for everybody. If you haven’t watched it yet, I highly recommend the ballad of buster Scruggs on Netflix.

Latest Threads