Tired of Hearing About Illegals...

darkr_reaver

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of hearing about illegal immigrants here and everywhere else. Its a dumb subject to discuss or even bring up, especially on a guitar website. I don't care if they're taking our jobs, we're giving most of them away to overseas countries anyways. Why don't you take it up with the companies instead? Or better yet, why not fix the immigration policies? Yes? That might change something, because this is America, where every man's voice is heard...

Anyways, it really irritates the shit out of me to hear people utter things like "immigrants are wasting my tax dollars", no, government is wasting your tax dollars, and you probably plan on wasting them too. You want more money in your wallet? Don't eat out and quit your compulsive shopping.

There are worse things than illegals trying to get a better life. But you know, this is how America's always been, whether it was to the Asians and Irish, the Jews, or the Mexicans, America has always been full of dumbasses that think they're entitled to more because they killed the Natives for it.

Gosh... I'm irritated to the point I'm posting and ranting about this BS... I'm sorry, I'm usually calm, but this is one subject that really upsets and bothers me, because you know what? This is how my parents got here. They came illegally but worked through the proccess of becoming registered citizens. I don't know if thats wrong, or a waste of tax payer dollars, but to me, there seem to be more troubles out there than a group of people wanting futures.

JMV

Reaction score
If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be anything to complain about. I'm damn tired of people being here illegally and even more tired of the people that hire them.

Hack

Reaction score
It is indeed a problem that is draining the legal tax payers.

hipofutura

Reaction score
DR, This is a subject I tend to avoid. However, like you, I won't hold my ire.

There are several issues in your position that are wrong, but I'll limit myself to just one.

My wife and I have been trying to bring her brother to the U.S. We are doing it legally, because that's the type of people we are. He is on a TWELVE FUCKING YEAR wait list. I can afford the $20K to get him here illegally and safely within a few months. But I won't, because I believe in rules and laws.

I'll let others, who are interested, explain to you all the other reasons.

Reaction score
I'm not only tired of hearing about them, I'm tired of hearing them talk their jihadi language for instants [Only an example, I don't like hearing Russian, French sounding off right in my ear] (They're probably say, eeww look at that idiot), seeing their buildings go up everywhere, generally seeing them in the street giving me the awkward eye and knowing about what they get up to in the news and what ideologies they have of the West.

Let the revolution begin!

"Come the revolution" as they say.

To me though, they're more than welcome to it.

JMV

Reaction score
Hip, I agree that's a huge problem and a major reason so many don't go the legal route. The process of becoming a citizen of this country is the first thing that needs to be changed. It's beyond ridiculous.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's a crime. Look at the sanctuary cities. Look at the sanctuary states and how they've been ruined. The law is the law, period.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Aren't most of the citizens living in the U.S. somehow "illegal immigrants" ?

:hmm:

Reaction score
Hip, I agree that's a huge problem and a major reason so many don't go the legal route. The process of becoming a citizen of this country is the first thing that needs to be changed. It's beyond ridiculous.

I genuinely believe that what has happened to my country, England, is a direct offense against democracy. [It is my England, I have a wealth of family that have lived here for over three hundred years], even though it was technically colonized all those centuries ago.

No one was ever asked about how many to let in etc. Or told what could happen. The government just went ahead and whipped up its own funeral pyre.
No referendums, nothing!.

It's like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. - The great man.

Reaction score

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian. " Mr. P

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Europe has much stricter immigration laws than the
US has, we already have 300 million people it needs
to be tight.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

No. The natives were conquered (like it's happened all throughout history) and a new society was set up... hell Spain conquered more of the natives than we did.. I don't consider them illegal Latin Americans. If the countries in the south wanted to invade us(i.e. military) I'd say bring it. Shortest war ever.

kmk108

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of hearing about illegal immigrants here and everywhere else. Its a dumb subject to discuss or even bring up, especially on a guitar website. I don't care if they're taking our jobs, we're giving most of them away to overseas countries anyways. Why don't you take it up with the companies instead? Or better yet, why not fix the immigration policies? Yes? That might change something, because this is America, where every man's voice is heard...

1)Like others have said, you wouldn't be hearing about it if it wasn't a problem.
2) This is the backstage. It's not supposed to be "well this is a guitar forum, so it's stupid to talk about it." It's a place where people that play guitar talk about everything else. Don't like it? Don't come here.
3) Take it up with the companies? I sure as hell would if I found a company that I could prove was hiring illegal immigrants.
4) Fix the immigration policy? I sure as hell would love to see it done, but the current administration is seeing to it that everything stays the same.
5) You're foolish if you think my opinion matters to anyone else, not to mention the government.

Anyways, it really irritates the shit out of me to hear people utter things like "immigrants are wasting my tax dollars", no, government is wasting your tax dollars, and you probably plan on wasting them too. You want more money in your wallet? Don't eat out and quit your compulsive shopping.

They are. Do your research. Wether or not it's a big portion of money is up for debate and requires everyone to agree on a set amount that's "too much". For me, one cent spent on illegal immigrants is too much. It's up to me what I do with my money. If I want to waste my money on eating out and buying things for myself, that's my decision. It's completely different when I'm forced to give it to someone that I don't know, much less someone that is breaking the law with their mere presence.

There are worse things than illegals trying to get a better life. But you know, this is how America's always been, whether it was to the Asians and Irish, the Jews, or the Mexicans, America has always been full of dumbasses that think they're entitled to more because they killed the Natives for it.

Sure, there's worse issues to talk about, but that doesn't mean it isn't a problem that should be dealt with. And I particularly take offense to the dumbass comment. I was born here and have an inherent right to be here. Others weren't born here but through proper channels became legal citizens. They are given the same rights as I have. I don't believe that someone who is here illegally should be given the same rights. The Native American arguement is completely outrageous because I doubt anyone is still alive that forced Natives out of their land. I have absolutely NO problem with immigrants. I actually think it's cool that America can be home to so many different cultures, while still having an "American culture". I see people of different races no different than I see myself. It's not the culture or racial aspect I don't like about illegal immigrants. It's that I word right in front of immigrant.

Gosh... I'm irritated to the point I'm posting and ranting about this BS... I'm sorry, I'm usually calm, but this is one subject that really upsets and bothers me, because you know what? This is how my parents got here. They came illegally but worked through the proccess of becoming registered citizens. I don't know if thats wrong, or a waste of tax payer dollars, but to me, there seem to be more troubles out there than a group of people wanting futures.

I don't like the fact that your parents came here illegally and I'm disappointed that they did it, but at least they have gone through the process of being registered citizens. Like I've said before, America might be great, but we can't afford to give opportunities to anyone that wants it. It's just the way the world is. Can't afford to get into this country legally? Sorry, but you can't be here.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
my mom came here legally about 40 years ago, she waited until she could become naturalized and did so. that said, I think most immigrants, legal or otherwise, are just trying to better their situations, doing so through hard work. The one you hear about on the news today were put their by Mexico's new drug war. Odd, the country is trying to squeeze out the cartels and they're coming right here...

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
No. The natives were conquered (like it's happened all throughout history) and a new society was set up... hell Spain conquered more of the natives than we did.. I don't consider them illegal Latin Americans. If the countries in the south wanted to invade us(i.e. military) I'd say bring it. Shortest war ever.

So conquests are legal ?

because it has happened in the history ?

It's not the south........

and it's not military....

think "far east" and "financial"

es345guy

Reaction score
Please feel free to expound on that! :hmm:

No need for him to expound on that statement. The United States Government did some pretty bad stuff to the Native Americans -tons of examples are around. The book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee comes to mind.

I find it rich that this guy is from Germany................

morats8up

Reaction score
Our government is "Allowing" this great nation to become a third world flop house. That's not an overstatement, That's a fact! Vegas is a prime example of what's coming to a town near you.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So conquests are legal ?

because it has happened in the history ?

It's not the south........

and it's not military....

think "far east" and "financial"

Perhaps in the EU, but the USA does not have a far east problem, IMO... hell most of those immigrants become very successful in medicine (at least in NJ)... it's the ones from the south who are the problem... the Canadians are fine too.. so polite lol

morats8up

Reaction score
No need for him to expound on that statement. The United States Government did some pretty bad stuff to the Native Americans -tons of examples are around. The book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee comes to mind.

I find it rich that this guy is from Germany................

Man, That's pretty weak in reference to the claim of most of us being "Illegal".

Latest Threads